My First full JME Project: Dominoes

I will do that. Wow… that is a lot of FPS :smile:

Edit: done. set the framerate to 144 on desktop and 30 on Android

1 Like

I have, but it’s much more subtle than the test effect here. More that the fan blades occlude some of the diffuse light reflected off of the ceiling above the light/fan, so not nearly as strong, and with much less defined edges.

I moved the decorations feature to a future release since it seems it needs some research and work on my part. I will be releasing a first version of the game and then updates will follow.

I am planning to release a free version with add next week and then finish work on Mexican train to be released for both Desktop and Android as an Update

I am using the one that the SDK 3.1 of JME bundles right now. It also creates the Zip files for me for all platforms. But you are right…

I also need to remove jars that I am not using, like bullet

Maybe for PC I can make an installer that will download the jre.

On desktop, just turn vsync on. Why render more frames than the monitor will display?

I like to leave that option to the user, like the resolution and AA. Besides v sync sucks on my Intel Mac (it’s not that powerful).

So it is an option. The fact that someone was complaining about FPS made it seem like they couldn’t just turn vsync on to solve their problem.

In general, vsync should be more efficient than throttling frame rate at 60 FPS. Throttling at 144 is just strange is in full screen it can produce interesting tearing for anyone with a standard 60 hz refresh.

Yeah, I like the splash settings so I left it with a custom image

Well I guess the best way would be to provide an option in the settings for you to cap it at whatever you want to. I didn’t try using vsync since it usually locks the game at 30fps which isn’t acceptable for me. I see here it gets locked to 60 so I guess I can just use that :smiley:

vsync will only lock at 30 if the game won’t run at 60… and if it’s not running at 60 then there is no reason to cap it. :slight_smile:

The Free version is ow available in Google Play!
http://tiny.cc/i90h3x

I am still working on updates like Mexican train and other domino games since I built a framework that allows me that flexibility and also some other updates. I Also need to support smaller screens.

I will have two more game types ready and then finish the cross platform multiplayer component for the paid version on both desktop and Android.

I will work on iOS once I save for the fee to publish it. (Married men live on Pocket Salary :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: also made it to Amazon App Store

3 Likes

Its beeing locked by your video card must probally.
You can override it using settings.setFrameRate(custom_fps);
My game for example, is working in 40 fps.

I meant for other games with other engines. And yes I know that line, first thing I did was limit my game to 90 so my gpu wouldn’t explode, but that’s just the fps cap. It has nothing to do with Vsync.

An update!!

Edit:… numeric tile types anyone?

5 Likes

Am not so much into numbers butI would love to see dominos whit monkey faces on them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

hmmmmmmmmm… well… the problem will be to go up to 12 or 18 but it can be doable :stuck_out_tongue: after all I found this online

or maybe I can use the jMonkey face, with permission of course, to replace the dots and have banana colored tiles :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is this good?.. this is just a test, I need to work of the normal map and stuff if approved

1 Like

You have my full approval xD No matter how little that mean x)
Edit : maybie make the monkey a bit more clear tho

How about this? this is in game now. I will put the license if required :smiley: and appoved

4 Likes

Damn, this is nice! Gj!

I would say the next step would be to have an actual banana texture on the tiles, but this might just be me getting crasy xD Anyway great job!