My First Game LandOfAmaral3D

I have finally completed my first game, it took me about 2 months (I did not work on it everyday) and Im so glad I got it done. The goal of the game is to kill all the monsters in the world, they get tougher as you progress.

Picture of the main menu:
<center></center>

Source Code

Youtube Video

Play Game

Of course there is a lot of bugs, and I know you can easily kite npcs with range or mage but I wanted a small scope for this game and actually I think if could of shrunken the scope even more. I just wanted to release a game, it may not be the best but its a starting point. I learned a TON of information and I also made a lot of mistakes (read all the docs) and I did not use Custome Controls for my NPC (HUGE mistake). I also wanted to use pspeed’s SimArboreal but I did not want to delete my current trees and make new models so I kept my crappy trees.

I always wanted to thank some of the community members that helped me out:

pspeed-You a boss man! You helped me in atleast 60% of my problems, you are a very solid programming and your knowledge is exponential to that of mine. Thank you for all your help and I hope to be as good as you one day.

sgold-Thanks for helping in my NPC following system.

t0neg0d-Fantastic GUI, really powerful and in addition thank you for helping me solve problems with a great attitude.Can’t wait to see your FX-Builder spit out Java code, thats going to be insane!

normenhansenYou show people how to program the correct way, how to learn the correct way and how to solve problems. Thanks for you help and next time I will read the docs more so I don’t have to bug you.

Future:
I have motivations elsewhere to that of jMonkey, I might upload some tutorials as I speak solid english and know a tad about jMonkey.I am proud that my first game is in 3D and works decently. I have a lot to learn and no where near where I want to be, I climbed the first stair but many more to go.

11 Likes
@JacobAmaral said: pspeed-You a boss man! You helped me in atleast 60% of my problems, you are a very solid programming and your knowledge is exponential to that of mine. Thank you for all your help and I hope to be as good as you one day.

Thanks for the kind words.

The video looked cool… especially for a first game.

Just Watch the video Looks Great. Going to download it and try.
Any tutorials would be great!

Edit:I played it looking good so far.

nice one. especially i liked models :smiley:

Nice!! Can’t wait to try this out tomorrow. First thing on my TODO list now!

The vid looked great. It actually kind of reminds me of Zelda… very impressive! I really like Zelda… just in case you were wondering :wink:

How long have you been working on this? EDIT: How did I miss the 2 months part of the original post /forehead slap… Now I’m ultra impressed. I can barely make a cup of coffee in two months (this isn’t much of an exaggeration)

@JacobAmaral

This is incredible!

I really love your models, where did you get them?

or did you make them yourself?

I’d really like to use some of the trees for my project as I couldn’t find a good small tree!

The creatures are incredible how you have so much to work with!

This game… wow!

Wow very impressive for a first game :open_mouth:
The gameplay looks like really, really cool ! I love that kind of game if aggressive battle instead of rpg where you just need to roll your head on the keyboard.
I will try it when I have time (this night), or earlier if I really can’t wait.

GG, I hope to be able to provide similar stuff in next 2 months.

How do I attack???!!! =) Is it SPACE?

The little elf bugger keeps killing me and I realllllly need some payback once I figure out how to hit him.

The game is awesome! I’m really, really, really impressed!

EDIT: Actually… can you post a quick rundown of all of the controls? That way I don’t have to bug you ove and over =)

I tested it was really funny.
Really nice work man :slight_smile: continue on this way !

@t0neg0d said: How do I attack???!!! =) Is it SPACE?

The little elf bugger keeps killing me and I realllllly need some payback once I figure out how to hit him.

The game is awesome! I’m really, really, really impressed!

EDIT: Actually… can you post a quick rundown of all of the controls? That way I don’t have to bug you ove and over =)

Sorry, the controls are WASD to move. Attack is space and if you press shift the ranger will do a roll and move faster and the mage will teleport (expect an fps drop).

@BigBob said: @JacobAmaral

This is incredible!

I really love your models, where did you get them?

or did you make them yourself?

I’d really like to use some of the trees for my project as I couldn’t find a good small tree!

The creatures are incredible how you have so much to work with!

This game… wow!

I purchased all the models, I am not good artist :frowning: but I can make them work! For trees I recommend pspeed SimArboreal:http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/simarboreal-formerly-tree-editor/. Its a program that makes tree for you and exports it to a j3o file with materials, in addition it has LOD control!

1 Like

@JacobAmaral

Would you mind sharing where you purchased the models from?

@BigBob said: @JacobAmaral

Would you mind sharing where you purchased the models from?

I just posted on a blender forum, but I purchased from a guy named Spencer C. His skype is:s_h_campbell . Really cool dude. Website:http://spencer-c.blogspot.ca/

Nice job! That’s impressive for 2 months part time!