My first jME3 game

Hello all, This is one of my first attempts at a game type environment with jME3.

I’m a very novice programmer, mainly just html / css and some php as my primers for coding. But here is a sample of a very early alpha for a starter project of mine :slight_smile: It is a bit of fun imo, feel free to check it out!

link can be found here and then navigate to the Demo section.

Any feedback is welcome, just remember I’m still new to java :slight_smile:

1 Like

Downloaded and ran for me. (os…Vista 64, Graphics card…ATI Radeon HD 3650)

Truck had no texture, and lighting was a bit off…(maybe cause my graphics card sux :cry:)

The truck doesn’t have much of a texture at this point, waiting to finish a project first for the next revision. It should look mainly gray.

How do the controls feel? I’m more interested in the actual game play type “feel” at this time :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking a spin though!

Added Linux, and Mac distros :slight_smile:

oh cool, i’ll check that tonight!

Hey hey, tested it and works without problems on Windows 7 32 bit. :slight_smile:

Ok, my comments:

1. I don’t really know why the shadows are moving while the car is moving…
  2. Camera has some issues, because I can’t really rotate it the way I want and it starts shaking when I try (don’t really know if I am supposed to click and move mouse around :D); would probably be good just to fix camera to model’s direction…
  3. Car seriously needs textures :slight_smile:

I honestly think that your game has good potential. Add some power-ups and multiplayer and there is some great fun game… :smiley:

Works well on mac, handling of the jeep is very friendly. Its almost like it sticks to the ground ^^

Damn your invisible walls! :stuck_out_tongue: I just watched TRON, I wanted to break through…

Working fine on Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit, GeForce 8600M GS.

The vehicle handles very well, it felt natural. The camera however lagged behind a bit on quick turns so I couldn’t get vision on the road ahead quick enough. Might wanna tweak that.

Thanks for the feedback all :slight_smile:

I know the camera needs more work, I haven’t been able to find the sweet spot yet :slight_smile:

The vehicle should also Break loose and slide a bit at higher speeds :slight_smile:

The car controls are very smooth, nice work!

The game played fine, except there was this box thing always facing me:

Interesting @nomnom, I’m not sure what would be causing this.

And after taking a look again at @atom screen shot, there shouldn’t be shadows casting down from above. only the truck should be casting shadows. Maybe this has something to do with the invisible collision shape above the terrain…

very nice

the game is also small