My JME 3 DungeonKeeper remake

Hey everyone,

just wanted to show you my current jme 3 project. Its a Dungeon Keeper remake :slight_smile:



imps at assimilation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PtluBlGUcI



latest video:

room creating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3blHcxR9gY



enjoy

10 Likes

Looks good, same way the old dungeonkepper looked. Grats!:wink:

haha that’s wild! Good work! Brings back fond memories :smiley:



~FlaH

Cool, great work! :smiley:



I edited the post so the video shows in the post, there has to be a line of text after the video, its a bug in the forum…

Very nice! :slight_smile:

Looks fun :slight_smile: Nice job so far!

I like this game . Your game is very similar to the old game in graphics. Do you incorporate some effets ? Like bloom ect…

Yeah I’m now searching for ways to improve the performance a bit, and then continue with the game logic. maybe later i will try to implement some more effects like maybe water shader or bumpmapping and so on.

If someone has experience in increasing render performance - help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Cool, really nice project! ^^

Really cool!

DK2 is a fav game of mine.

Wow, that’s awesome!!! Are there any plans of open-sourcing it or such? Or a public demo? Would really like to “touch” it :wink:

Dude it is just great. :slight_smile:

good job.

like it very much - and the original game was great.

thanks for the nice comments they really push me to spend even more time in programming o_O

Added a new video with the creation of different rooms.



@Dodikles yeah, when the basic functionality is finished, i can release a demo or so - maybe go opensource too.

YES!

YES!

Thats pretty awesome, congratulations! How long did it take? Who did your artwork and modelling?

Hmm how long it took is hard to say cause i worked on it in my free time for a few month, including learning JME and trying a lot of stuff. Maybe about a full month of development time. I didnt do any artwork, cause i use screenshots from the orginal Dungeon Keeper 2, modeling was done by myself with 3dstudio max.



Sadly, I have to say that the development of this project is currently frozen because of performance problems with rendering a lot of objects (all mapfields ect.) I am still searching for help with improving this - if anyone has experience in improving render performance with jme3 please contact me! :slight_smile:

Did you read this:

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:intermediate:optimization

Thanks Norman, I didnt read this before!

Instead i tried to develop something like the GeometryBatchFactory myself ^^. GeometryBatchFactory is really nice, so now i can think of how to use this with keeping texturing / digging functionality.