My jme3 applet does not work from my web site

My applet fails to run from my web site. It runs fine from the jme3 SDK. I followed the directions as best I could. Got the entire Applet folder on the web site. Ran run-applet.html (from windows 7, firefox browser) I got the jme3 applet launcher page, a message that said the Certificate was good and I chose to run the applet. Then I got a message “checking for updates” and everything froze.

I think this is the applicable info from the console;

This occurred while ‘Initializing real applet’

access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM.0)

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM.0)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.setDefaultCloseOperation(Unknown Source)

at userInterface.SwingCanvas.(SwingCanvas.java:65)

etc…

my “Main” is in userInterface.SwingCanvas

The error appears to mean java can’t access a file or file system. On the web site? On my computer? What file?

Anybody got any ideas?

Try looking at the relevant code lines from the stack trace?

Maybe add some debugging statements…?

You’re aware that you cannot access any files on the users computer or on any web server but the one the applet comes from if its not a signed applet right? Since jme doesn’t use any swing windows the exception is pobably caused in your own code.

Also it doesn’t seem like this is happening on the EDT thouh it does set operations on a swing object which is most probably wrong especially when opening/closing windows this could cause issues.