My sean editor for jme

I am happy to say that my Sean editor for jme is starting to take shape. It is currently a seen viewer that can view xml Files. I would like to request that it becomes part of JME. (All it needs is one folder in jmetest witch has a few classes. The editer uses swing) I also need this function to be added to Spatial:

public String toString()
    {
        return this.name+" ("+this.getClass().getName()+")";
    }

Spatial needs a toString() anyways (so do all classes really). That sounds as good of one as any. You’re using the XML format JmeBinaryWriter and BinaryToXML ? If so, I’m glad it’s becoming usefull :slight_smile: If you did use it, any comments on improvments?

"Cep21" wrote:
Spatial needs a toString() anyways (so do all classes really). That sounds as good of one as any. You're using the XML format JmeBinaryWriter and BinaryToXML ? If so, I'm glad it's becoming usefull :) If you did use it, any comments on improvments?

I use the XML format. My Editor currently loads the seen that comes with JME and displays it in a tree. I hope to be able to edit soon. I think that the XML format would benefit by the ability to load other XMLs as models( an importNode tag). It should mark the node as read only so it knows to put a import node when saving (and telling the program not to modify it).
"Cep21" wrote:
Spatial needs a toString() anyways (so do all classes really).

What is good about this toString() is that once you wright it for Spatial you do not nead to add one for all of it's child classes(this.getClass().getName()). :D

Ask and ye shall recieve. XML now supports

<jmefile> tag the format is like this

<jmefile ( type=“binary” || type=“xml”) ( file=“filepath” || classloader=“classloaderpath” || url=“urlpath”) />

type binary loads binary jME format, type XML loads xml type format (by first converting it to binary internally.

Then you can load from either a filepath, classloader path or url.

The newly loaded file uses the curernt loader’s properties when loading. So for example, if you set the texurl of “main” file to something, that same texurl is used by the child jmefile.

Let me know how it goes if you use it. It’s late here, but I’ll give it a good debugging tomorrow or such.

so for example

<jmefile type=“xml” file=“xmlstore/myJme.xml”/>

or

<jmefile type=“binary” classloaderpath=“jmetest/data/XML documents/thepenismightier.jme”/>

cep21, could I request that the url to the jme file not be hardcoded into the file itself? i would prefer to have the ability to refactor stuff around without worrying about that.

DP

you have the file=“xmlmodels/guy.jme” option. That’s not a URL that’s a file. And classpath is stored as a string as well. Give me an example of what you want?