Mythruna status and an invitation

So, barring major unforeseen circumstances, I’ll be putting another test build up sometime today.

…with networking, ie: multi-user.

It’s been a long time since the last release and a lot of work has gone into this (not to mention rewriting Spider Monkey during that time).

The invitation:

I can host a server on my connection here but I’m a little uncomfortable posting my host info for all the web to see. So before I release, I thought I’d see if there were any interested potential users.

Obviously, anyone can run their own server but it’s more convenient if there’s a public one to log into. So for as long as my broadband up channel can support the load, and as long as people play nice, I’ll keep it up for a test. The game has no login or authentication or user database yet… so it’s not like I have to create accounts or anything. I just don’t want my host info google-accessible. :slight_smile:

If you are interested… just say so and I’ll PM the info to you after I release. Or I can just leave a cryptic riddle on how to figure out… it’s probably more obvious than I think anyway. :wink:

pspeed said:
If you are interested... just say so and I'll PM the info to you after I release. Or I can just leave a cryptic riddle on how to figure out... it's probably more obvious than I think anyway. ;)

Ooh, do the riddle, do the riddle :D

I’d surely love to take part, why exactly you think your server would be google-able? Couldn’t you just hardcode the server address in mythruna, then it would appear only in a tcp/udp connection of a special client… I hope google doesn’t scan these too now? :wink: Maybe you could even use dyndns.org or something free to set up a new name for your ip.

Consider me totally psyched.

ya’ll should retweet this.

I’m in!!

I definetly want one!

I’ll provide feedback and all that. I love you<3

I’m in a weird mood today :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to help test it tonight. I live in South Africa, which is GMT+2, so I can help test it in 5-6 hours time (based on the time this message is posted).

milkshakepanda said:
I love you<3

OMG that's the second time!!
Paul you really got THE thing!! :p

I would also be interested in testing. :slight_smile:

+1 on testing!

ridle or pm ?

EDIT: I’m on GMT (UK/Portuguese Time)

normen said:
I'd surely love to take part, why exactly you think your server would be google-able? Couldn't you just hardcode the server address in mythruna, then it would appear only in a tcp/udp connection of a special client.. I hope google doesn't scan these too now? ;) Maybe you could even use dyndns.org or something free to set up a new name for your ip.

I thought about hard coding it but that requires a code change. :)

It is already a dyndns listing and I didn't want to create another one just for this. Plus, I generate a little more buzz this way and actually see who is interested (hi guys!). :)

...but maybe I will create a special dyndns mapping for it. I'll post which way I've gone when the release is cut later today.

So many people … Yeah you need MMO support for this :slight_smile: Also count me in too

I am in too :slight_smile:

See separate post… release has been posted… along with a really really obvious “riddle”. :wink:

Normen and I played for a looooong time last night. A few glitches here and there but totally playable. :slight_smile: