Native Bullet - Current status in the nightly build

Hello once again!

It’s been many months too long since last I’ve used JME and now I’m back once again.

Quick question regarding whether the bullet physics in the currently nightly build is properly building?

I ask, as I’m getting an error that I posted for a long while ago, where the solution was to use the RC for the engine over the nightly build.

For anyone whose curious, the error from adding a joint using native bullet (rather then jbullet)

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.addConstraintC(JJZ)V
at com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.addConstraintC(Native Method)
at com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.addJoint(PhysicsSpace.java:665)
at com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.add(PhysicsSpace.java:414)

Apologies if there’s a status / update page somewhere that I’ve over looked, otherwise thanks in advance :slight_smile:

The mingw build process is broken again courtesy of @sbook :wink: Some ubuntu updates for the web server broke the install :frowning:
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless theres emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

Run the build server in a VM, that way the risk of breaking the build because of an unrelated update to the webserver is reduced =)

2 Likes

Yeah, we were also thinking about simply setting up a separate build server as the build is quite the memory and CPU test :wink:
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless theres emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

2 Likes

Okay, good to hear things are under control :smiley:

If you guys need a hand doing anything to get the build process for the native bullet up and working again …just give a shout & I’ll help if I can!

Btw, I seem to have angered the notification gods of the JME forums as I’m not receiving email notifications anymore, hence my slowness in this reply.

1 Like

Also let me know if I can do anything to help… I rely on the native bullet builds working & I’d love to see this build process working again.