Need advice: Layered texture

X and Z are on the ground. If you want components laid out on the ground then they are laid out in X and Z. Like, X and Z are the ground so laid out components are laid out on the ground in X and Z. So X and Z are ground coordinates because in JME the ground is X and Z. In the air, you’d use X and Y. On the ground you’d use X and Z… because X and Z… you get the idea.

Now… you’re argument will (again) probably be that you could just do it on x,y and rotate. Yes, and then all of your nice statues will be laying on their backs… unless you then rotate them all again.

Or… you could just lay them out naturally in x and z.

Short of drawing a picture, I’m not sure how much clearer I can be. I’ll try to repeat my example in more detail.

Imagine you have 8 statues arranged in a line. Above them hangs some status orb. In front of them is some stack of clickable buttons (perhaps arranged in some complicated UI-like fashion.)

[java]
container(X,Z) {
row(0) {
container( with some complex UI in it in x,y space)
}
row(1) {
container(x,y) {
row(0) { status halo }
row(1) { statue }
}
}
}
[/java]

So you could rotate and counter-rotate or you could just lay it out properly in the first place and then not have to worry about every child you add being in some funky rotation.

Thank goodness swing doesn’t make is do an AffineTransform every time we want a BoxLayout to go the other way. :wink:

<cite>@pspeed said:</cite> Now... you're argument will (again) probably be that you could just do it on x,y and rotate. Yes, and then all of your nice statues will be laying on their backs... unless you then rotate them all again.

A right. So Lemur widgets could be 3D object, not just quads. Now that makes sense to me.
I missed the implications of your first mention of statues.

Yeah, one of the nice things about lemur is you can use it to make interactive 3d things.

For example all the puzzles you see in adventure game where you move stuff around or push things in the right order or whatever.