Need hint with Indicator

@madjack said: Good call. I found something it seems.

If I use setBaseImage(“someImage.png”); the default image (taken from the style) isn’t removed. That can easily be fixed by passing the image directly into the constructor, but that would also mean setting “resizeBorders”… Not a huge issue but that’s not ideal.

Also, manually setting constructor’s base image to null works fine, but not if I use the method. I think having the ability to not set anything in the background would be a good option to have. I’m trying to find the best visual solution for what I have in mind and I think nothing in the background will be best. Not settled yet though.

Anyway, I thought I’d let you know these.

The base image is different than the image passed in. use setOverlayImage

@t0neg0d said: The base image is different than the image passed in. use setOverlayImage

Ah, you changed it because last time I checked the code that’s what it was. At least I think it was. :confused:

So which is it (default at control creation)? Overlay?

@madjack yep yep… it’s always been this. I just have no idea why it’s always been this =)

EDIT: actually… I guess I do know. Before adding the padding you really couldn’t see the base image unless you cropped the indicator using an alpha map. Yeah, it looked cool… but the indicator wasn’t accurate at that point, soooo I left the base image in place for a later update and focused on the overlay effect.

That explains a lot then.

Since the parameter name is “defaultImg” I thought forcing a texture into the constructor would overwrite the baseImage, since… it’s the base or what I imagined was the “default image”… :stuck_out_tongue: (I guess that’s the “code” part I was referring to above).

Now I’ll go back to try to get a good looking indicator… Ha!

Wish me luck. :wink:

1 Like

I really like the end result. For now. Maybe tomorrow I won’t like it so much though… Everything is possible. XD