Need your opinions!

Hey,

Im looking for some information. I am going to develop a game demonstrator for Android as part of my internship. I’ve been checking for several 3D physics engines and jME3 seems to be the one I need (it seems powerful, it has an active support/forum, good tutorials that makes it easy to learn and it handles Android development).

So first of all, let me expose my project. I’d like to develop a 3D game for the incoming Android devices generation. It’s gonna be most likely a pinball-like or at least some similar stuff with a rolling ball.

So now here is my concern, I’ve read (here and there) about issues regarding the fps rate when too much dynamics objects are involved. My project shouldn’t deals with that much dynamics (for now I only have the ball in mind) and the next Android devices generation should be more powerful (Android 2.2+, upgraded CPUs/GPUs, …) but I’d like to be sure and aware of everything before starting it in order to avoid troubles. As you guys must be far more experienced than I am (as Im learning jME3 for 2-3 days), could you let me know the main things to have in mind when starting such a project ? For instance, the advantages and the drawbacks of jME3 you’re aware of. Actually, any piece of advice, any information, any tips… in a word, anything you can tell me is welcomed ! Even things I havn’t introduced in my post and you think are relevant.

I am also looking for information on how to develop some 3D contents (I mean stereoscopic 3D here) on Android (as some incoming devices are going to be able of auto-stereoscopic 3D/free-glasses 3D).

I am aware that it’s an open wide question and that some part of the answer can be found in the forum but I have read a lot and I know some yet. I am just looking for some more advices in order to make my mind.

Thank you for any input !

I think an android device could not even simulate four physics pins. You will have to go with a simpler physics simulation where you just move stuff around based on simple data.