[Neihtin] Overview

Neihtin

Project name: Neihtin

Game type:  MMO/Strategy

Links: http://neihtin.com

License:  Creative Commons - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Germany http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/de/deed.en

Recruiting: YES

Abstract:

This is Neihtin. It’s a Massively Multiplayer Online Economy Simulation Game (MMOESG). The leaders are two young java programmer with good ideas and a modeler. All three are german. We are using Java, because we love the OS-independance, and we found jME as the best Java 3D-Engine on the internet. But now we are searching for some Java-programmers experienced with jME; maybe one or two guys. We recommend german or english. If you are interested, contact me and you will get more Information about this game.

It’s a bit a MMORPG and a bit Strategy. It’s a strategy game played in third person on a server. As programmer at our project,you just have to put the inputs the graphics thread get into a full graphic. The models will be made at other place.

At the moment, we are working in a wiki to write down all the ideas we had to show what we expect of this game. Neihtin will be totally realistic (so no magic) and fighting won’t play a big role. We dont’t pay for this job, but we don’t want to earn money with this either.

Sorry that I can’t post any screenshots, but if I had some, I won’t have to search for someone who does the graphics :).

Used API’s:

• jME2

• Project Darkstar

Active Members:

Name Role Status
Kasalehlia Project Leader (Client) active
clonejo Project Leader (Server) active
HyLiSoS Project Leader (Models) active

Another JME project, yay :slight_smile: It would serve you well if you could post some more indicative progress updates, e.g. screenshots, code-examples, whatever might trigger some interest in prospective co-workers. Also, this is not paid work right? Always a good thing to specify.

Lastly, I hope your website will see a facelift soon. I see you've settled with MODx which is a great CMS, hence I'd expect more than this blank layout :stuck_out_tongue: