Netbeans warning

When I build project, I got the warning in output window

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.5

Is it cause by the Java setting problem?

Thanks!

I’ve safely ignored it for like three years. You probably can also.

i beleive the gist of what its saying is that youre building to java 5, but you wouldnt actually be able to run it on java 5 because youre using classes/methods/api that dont exist in java 5. thus its kind of an empty gesture to say that youre compiling to java 5.

if you go to the project properties in netbeans and change the target platform to the version of java you have (probably 7) the message goes away.

overall compiling to java 7 is probably what you want anyway unless youre specifically knowing you need to target an older platform. at this point in time its pretty reasonable to expect everyone to be using java 7.

@icamefromspace said: but you wouldnt actually be able to run it on java 5 because youre using classes/methods/api that dont exist in java 5.

Just to clarify, I’d write that as:
but you might not actually be able to run it on java 5 because you might be using classes/methods/api that dont exist in java 5.

Either way, if people are running your game against Java 5 (the only way this warning matters) then they are likely infested with many other issues since Java 5 has been end-of-lifed for some time now. Maybe they are even still waiting to upgrade to Windows XP. :wink:

if you go to the project properties in netbeans and change the target platform to the version of java you have (probably 7) the message goes away.

That works! Thanks!