New build 20110627 - Performance improvements - New block types

Get it here as usual:

Engine Test Build - Mythruna Wiki

Highlights:

• Fix for the “long pause” some (many) users were seeing walking around. This is related to performance of the placeable objects and how they were being paged in.
  • New “angled wall” block types
  • “Snap Rotation” object action

Change log here:

20110627 Release Notes - Mythruna Wiki

nice, keep up the good work

By the way: Still no luck with Mythruna on my notebook. Starting screen with the options (resolution etc.) then klick ok => back to desktop

Yeah, something in jme changed I think shortly after alpha 4 that makes bloom not work for you anymore. I still don’t know what, though.

LOL this update made it work insert trollish number here times worse, it crashes Ubuntu, and sends it into an infinite loop trying to boot XD

ah, the pain of a terrible computer :(.

geniusgames said:
LOL this update made it work *insert trollish number here* times worse, it crashes Ubuntu, and sends it into an infinite loop trying to boot XD
ah, the pain of a terrible computer :(.

Sad to hear it... but the infinite loop part cannot possibly be my fault. Sounds like your OS is hosed pretty seriously at some level. :(

Just to clarify... worse in general to previous releases or worse as compared to the release three or four days earlier?

Worse as compared to previous releases in general, in which the app simply crashed… I realize that the loop, and the crash are not your fault LOL Ubuntu isn’t the least buggy OS around :stuck_out_tongue: though it is one of the cheapest… I really don’t understand what’s going on, it’s extremely strange, since I can run Portal with all the fancies, even shaders, and even Blender 2.5! EDIT: It might help to know that ANY JME3 app crashes like older mythruna updates, except the jmonkeyplatform, and ALL of them crash upon either loading of materials, or just after the settings dialog has closed, so it’s not your prob but either linux, LWJGL, or JME3.

Lets face it … OS is alpha, has bugs. Driver is alpha, has bugs. jME3 is alpha, has bugs. Combined is a mega deadly explosion crush.

Heheh… thank you. “mega deadly explosion crush” has been added to my phrase lexicon. :slight_smile: