New build 20110830 - Anti-griefing tools, some new block types, etc

Download here:

Engine Test Build - Mythruna Wiki

Release notes here:

20110830 Release Notes - Mythruna Wiki

This release was a long time coming but that’s mostly because of the work done on the disabled physics engine.

Major highlights of this release:

-improved logging and error catching… hopefully we can track down more errors now

-some loading performance improvements

-some visual glitch fixes here and there

-a whole bunch of infrastructure changes to support scripted commands and tools, including the new world-revisioning support

-flame blocks

-thatch corners and wood slope corners for roofs (with temporary improper walk meshes)

-now the yellow highlight cube only shows up when in block placement mode, ie: it’s now possible to completely get rid of the HUD including the bright yellow selection cube

See the change log for details. Even though there aren’t many player-facing changes there were quite a few things that made it into this release. And my server admin life should be much easier now.

pspeed said:
And my server admin life should be much easier now.

That's the most important line in all the above I think. The community will thank you for that I'm sure.
madjack said:
That's the most important line in all the above I think. The community will thank you for that I'm sure.

Thanks. At the very least, I should be able to be more productive. The world is now automatically versioned and marked automatically at midnight. I can also mark a version whenever I want. Refreshing parts of the world still requires a little manual labor but it's nothing like hunting down the individual files in backups and copying + hoping for the best after a server reset. Now I can just go there and "revert" back however many versions I choose... still only tile by tile but that's just a limitation of the current scripts, not the approach in general. ...Just a little groovy code that I can tweak to do more.

Note: I have already discovered one bug in this release that I won’t fix until tomorrow.

If you edit an object in the blueprint editor and save it then the changes don’t show up in the object placement tool. You have to log out and log back in first. Newly built objects work just fine. It’s kind of a pain but too late to fix tonight and this was I can see if there are any other issues.

…it will be VERY surprised if that’s the only new bug. :stuck_out_tongue: