New Bullet Natives!

So what do you guys think? Push the updated natives, or hold off for a bit? I vote to push :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I won’t be able to get to it tonight, but I could tomorrow.

@phr00t said: a) Remember, jME3 isn't you, and upgrading it doesn't just benefit me. b) Not building something right now & never building it are two different things. c) Saying you won't push fixed natives is kinda doing just that, but it looks like this has been resolved by providing me commit access. d) It isn't "my bullet", it is the updated official stable releases. Also, it is a well known problem in the current jME3 builds that the physics ray test source and target positions are swapped in some OSes, when in the later versions, which I have built, are not. e) I've been using the current v2.81 native builds in a commercial product being sold around the world. I understand it isn't perfect, but it is stable "enough" and a marked improvement over the current builds (see "d" above). I look forward to v3.1 being used, but that doesn't mean we have to wait until v3.1 to see any improvement. f) Your confrontational attitude leads me to believe you are stressed out & don't enjoy doing this anymore, which means it may be in everyone's best interest for you to leave. According to your PS, looks like you will be doing just that.

Life is what you make of it. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the commit access.

a) Still you ask me and @mention me, then tell me that you don’t have issues building it for mac… Nice.
b) How many times? 3.1 is when native bullet goes stable
c) You little prick ass, as if I had denied you commit access… I just denied doing your shit for you that I terminated a long time ago and you just won’t accept it.
d) You were asking me to build 2.81 instead of just building 2.80 yourself.
e) Exactly, so whats your business in nudging me?
f) I don’t give a rats ass about what you think about me, you are the one who wants some binary for his game while already using the API that I wrote, remember

Btw, I am not getting annoyed by this, I find it funny how you are passive-aggressive actually. That I am not like that but always overtly aggressive but well, I think everybody knows this by now. Why would I make a problem out of this? Do I have anything to lose? I just say what I think, deal with it.

Normen, I thank you for all of your contributions to jME3 & all the help you have provided to me in the past. That is all I have left to say to you.

How manly.

cmon guys, enough arguing

“no one comes out looking good” - @zarch

@wezrule said: cmon guys, enough arguing

“no one comes out looking good” - @zarch

I don’t fucking care. I have been @mentioned. Not mifth. Not you. Me. So I answer. Also I don’t argue about anything if you care to read the posts, I just keep defending myself for not building the binaries or making native bullet a priority right now where. phr00t keeps arguing that I should do his shit for him or that I am tired or whatnot. It was never like I rejected him doing anything but now he even plays as if I didn’t want the binaries, this is just too silly. He even PM’d me about it before so he knows I don’t have time, idk why he plays this game.

Normen is correct – I did ask him “is it possible for you to just build the Mac 2.81 natives & combine them with mine, then we will be all set?”

He replied, “Thats what I do anyway, I guess the mac binaries might be in sync with the code already”, which made it sound like building Mac binaries were not a big deal.

I then asked, “May you please verify the Mac binaries are 2.81? If not, rebuild them?”, and normen did not respond.

I don’t want to argue & this drama is unfortunate and unnecessary. I only provided the above information to clarify what went on in those PMs in defense of myself. I do sincerely thank you for your contributions, normen, and I will ask nothing more of you.

You are just gorgeous. I wonder how long “the community” has to wait for your binaries now that you have commit access. Anyway, no hard feelings, you just cost me the time I had to take to write these posts, no worries mate, happy you see it too now ^^

@normen: take it easy buddy
@phr00t: do it

3 Likes

We need more love!
We are the community! This is our business. And we can make it only together.

1 Like

Yeah, I also think phr00t should just commit the binaries. Idk whats the problem with that? He has those binaries for months now. Anyway I don’t know why he makes it a drama but as said I don’t have any hard feelings.

The new bullet builds have been committed!

Cool. Now to sensibly commence development of the native wrapper the build server needs to be able to build the binaries. Else you’d have to do this on every change. But if you take on development of the wrapper completely you can just set up an additional mac build and commit all binaries yourself each time. The android binary build should still work on the server. Check out the build script for that, it contains all platform builds. Note that for the current version of MacPorts on Mountain Lion I have issues installing CMake in an universal binary environment, best go to the specific 64bit implementation, it should still be able to build the 32+64bit binaries.

Some known issues of the native build are cleanup of the physics space and collision when using multiple spaces as well as collision groups. Ray and sweep collisions are also a bit wonky as there is a chance for a memory leak, I think thats commented in code. Most current issues should somehow be marked in code actually.

1 Like

I can submit my changes to the build-bullet-natives script, which basically required adding -fpermissive to everything. I did, however, need to make changes to the CMakeLists.txt file included in the bullet source… not sure how to address that in the svn, other than adding it to the build directory to be replaced after the bullet source is downloaded & extracted?

Yeah, just use ANT to change it, I think theres even some commented out code for a change that was needed in v2.whatnot
Can you please speak to @sbook about what version of mingw is needed for this and if there was any changes made to it.

I’m not familiar with ANT, so I can’t quickly make those changes…

I just used the latest MinGW builds in the Ubuntu 12.10 repositories. All the problems I had building the native builds were a result of issues stemming from CMakeLists.txt & build-bullet-natives.xml. Here are my modified files that worked:

CMakeLists.txt (located in the bullet download & extracted directory): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?3cg2xcha9l2r90u
build-bullet-natives.xml (which probably will need ANT changes to modify the file above): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tnc7ysqgu0by421

I’m not asking you to make these changes, but I am making the files available so someone else may have the chance to get to it before I do.

1 Like
@phr00t said: I'm not familiar with ANT, so I can't quickly make those changes...

I just used the latest MinGW builds in the Ubuntu 12.10 repositories. All the problems I had building the native builds were a result of issues stemming from CMakeLists.txt & build-bullet-natives.xml. Here are my modified files that worked:

CMakeLists.txt (located in the bullet download & extracted directory): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?3cg2xcha9l2r90u
build-bullet-natives.xml (which probably will need ANT changes to modify the file above): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tnc7ysqgu0by421

I’m not asking you to make these changes, but I am making the files available so someone else may have the chance to get to it before I do.

Okay, lets hope that amounts to a solution for the community.

1 Like