New demo for my boxing game using JMonkey and PhysX

All bones are dynamic there's even some invisible ones…anyway you would not synchronize after each and every step…that would be  maybe 70 a

second with the current framerate…so the sim would have to run on it's own in small timesteps.

But that can wait now I have another problem…I've implemented chat and stuff like that which was a breeze but now I have a problem… if the client don't call close() on the connection the server don't seem to understand that the connection is gone and that player will still stay in the lobby even though I have registered a JGNCConnectionListener.

The other players never receive the disconnected event.

So what would happen if the player just closes the process which would not give any opportunity to call close() ?

You should get a disconnected event on the ConnectionListener after a timeout period if it isn't closed properly.  It may take a few seconds though, are you giving it enough time to timeout?

looks damn awesome

is it possible to see the rag doll physics code  ?

that really interests me but i couldnt find any good articles on it …

I thougt in PhysX exist already a ready Ragdoll/Character. but not sure :expressionless:

Hey…

currently downloading PhysicsX to test the demo

I’m currently working on a staff-fight sytem.

without physics yet, but a friend is developing a ragdoll these days.

What kind of controller you are using for the punches?

Just wanna give u a hint: take a look at the Gametrack-controller.

It’s a consumer trackingsystem for both hands, so u get your movements 1:1 into jme.

And it’s quite cheap! 10€ at ebay, in combination with a golf-game^^ (there is a PS2 and a PC version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gametrak

Imm0|82 said:

Hey..
*currently downloading PhysicsX to test the demo*
I'm currently working on a staff-fight sytem.
without physics yet, but a friend is developing a ragdoll these days.
What kind of controller you are using for the punches?
Just wanna give u a hint: take a look at the Gametrack-controller.
It's a consumer trackingsystem for both hands, so u get your movements 1:1 into jme.
And it's quite cheap! 10

An update has occured, you can now play multiplayer against an opponent.

You can play using a gamepad or just keyboard. When in game just hit esc->view controls to

view controls.