New Here

Hello everyone, my name is Joey, and I am a sophomore currently working on my Bachelors in Computer Science. I, along with another two students, are currently working on a boat racing game for our Java class project. However, the more I read and research the more I realize that it will probably just end up being a third person controller mashed together with the projected grid water  :stuck_out_tongue: (it just looks too good not to use). But I don't think that will be so bad for beginners. Anyway, I have had a lot of fun so far with jME and I expect to be spending a lot of time on here so I thought I would introduce myself. Heres to happy programming,

-Joey

Welcome :slight_smile:

welcome! feel free to mess me about suggestions on improvements/fixes to the water…

Welcome to jME!  :slight_smile:

welcome tcmoonpie.

Will do mrcoder. It was actually your water that got me interested in jME. Before I saw that, along with some of the Jadestone stuff, I thought that Java couldn't do those sorts of things. I'm happy that I was wrong  :smiley:

Hey Joey!

Huge coincidence - I'm also working on a boat racing game in jME for a class project. Maybe our groups can help each other out. We're at the "chase cam + projected water plane" stage actually and are trying to get networking up and running. Anyways, good luck on your project!

• John

Awesome, good luck. We have procrastinated far too long to have anything too great by our deadline,  :stuck_out_tongue: but we will surely post any and all advances that we make after that.

tcmoonpie said:

Will do mrcoder. It was actually your water that got me interested in jME. Before I saw that, along with some of the Jadestone stuff, I thought that Java couldn't do those sorts of things. I'm happy that I was wrong  :D

Great to hear! I hope we can push out inspiring media from our NCsoft project just as I did at Jadestone. And hopefully you can prove the people still in doubt wrong soon with your stuff ;)