New Model Site – Plenty Of Free Models

I may be willing to purchase some RPG models sometime in the near future. Your shop is really quite cheap too, compared to most other sites like this.

@madjack said:
Have I even hinted to the contrary? :?

No. I have not. I do know what exclusivity means.

Then I, and maybe a few others, misunderstood...

@shirkit said:
I have no idea how many times more a model that won't be reselled should cost. I think that it can vary from 5 to 100 times more.

@madjack said:
As a general rule I'm against this. But, if there was a proper incentive, I'd be willing to relax my stance on this.

You can see how "as a general rule I'm against this" might be interpreted in context.

In your case, a free lance artist is probably a better idea, anyway. You can develop a longer term relationship and a "creative shorthand" that might lessen the cash outlay overall. Less for-pay time will go to communication. Also, with the longer term relationship, you can maybe put their name in the credits for a cost-break down the road. Something that a one-off freelancer wouldn't go for (if she/he's smart).
@pspeed said:
Then I, and maybe a few others, misunderstood...

And I think you do again as now madjack is talking about the price, aren't you @madjack? ^^

Where is this all coming from? I’m lost here. I simply made a comment and I’m fed suggestions on how I should handle the models I’ll use? Really?

I’m saying that: Unless a damn great deal is offered to me and my game, I will not use generic, available-at-large (for a fee), models. Nothing else. End of “discussion”.

@normen said:
And I think you do again as now madjack is talking about the price, aren't you madjack? ^^

Exactly.
@madjack said:
Where is this all coming from? I'm lost here. I simply made a comment and I'm fed suggestions on how I should handle the models I'll use? Really?

I'm saying that: Unless a damn great deal is offered to me and my game, I will not use generic, available-at-large (for a fee), models. Nothing else. End of "discussion".

The difference between ~$300 and ~$20 seemed a pretty significant drop to be hypothetically discussing. But my concept of "great deal" might be different.

But hopefully you see where our confusion was. I will let it lie now.
@pspeed said:
The difference between ~$300 and ~$20 seemed a pretty significant drop to be hypothetically discussing. But my concept of "great deal" might be different.

It's the difference between having original content and people saying "Bah, recycled assets taken from (other game/site/etc)."
@madjack said:
It's the difference between having original content and people saying "Bah, recycled assets taken from (other game/site/etc)."

Yes. Your contention was that the price break would have to be pretty significant in order to give up exclusivity. I agree 100% with that.

I was just pointing out that you already have all of the info necessary to roughly guess at what that price break might be.
@pspeed said:
I was just pointing out that you already have all of the info necessary to roughly guess at what that price break might be.

Which I knew already as it's pretty much the same everywhere. The broad lines are known anyway. For specifics, you've got to enter haggling season...

Anyway.

Hey, if he can pay, then he shall and get exclusive models. They are better in my opinion also, but as a student, I can’t afford them. For a real game launch, it’s kinda sad to see common models being used.

something like turbosquid :slight_smile:

a good webpage, just need more assets.