New terrain editor tool: Rough

To compliment the smooth tool, I have added in a roughen tool. It uses @anthyon’s fractal noise library to generate bumps and hills on your existing terrain. It should help to make your terrain look more realistic, and less smooth.

You can try it out with the latest version of Trunk from SVN. It will be in the nightly build tonight.

Let me know if you find any bugs, I definitely haven’t beat it to death yet so I am sure there might be some issues here and there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwsLNwV7Odo&feature=youtu.be

7 Likes

oh cool, thx! :smiley:

Wow, that does a lot ^^

Thats cool.

How hard would it be to add a Texture base Modifier. Where you have a texture for example snake scales and you use that as your modifier.

Blender has it on its sculpting tool. Instead of a brush to make your “bumps” it can use a texture.

-Greg

@gbluntzer said:
How hard would it be to add a Texture base Modifier. Where you have a texture for example snake scales and you use that as your modifier.

Well it would have to be a slightly different tool, not really compatible with this one. But it would be nice to have that feature. I will add it to my list of todos :)
1 Like

@Sploreg

thanks you are awesome!

Awesome @Sploreg!

@gbluntzer it sounds a lot like sculpting tools that you can find in blender or zbrush, I don’t think we should substitute to these sofwares, because that’s what they are meant for.