New test build: 20110220 posted…

Cool. Yeah, that bloom is on purpose. Artistically questionable maybe, but I’ve always liked the glowy early dawn hours. That glow should mostly go away as the day progresses (ctrl+middle mouse rolls time forward and back).

…the sand is also extra-reflective in this case for whatever reason.

You all would probably laugh at me if you knew how many hours I spent tweaking this environmental setting or that trying to get the times of day ‘perfect’. And I still see something wrong all… the… time… :slight_smile:

Heh, well as i’m not a programmer, I know you all would laugh at some of the stuff I try over and over and over, but that make it all the better when it works! Even if it isn’t actually as expected. But it is fun for me to learn and try things with jME!

Hi,

so I strangely enough couldn’t find “rock wall top”, only rock wall sides… “wood wall top” is there…

I didn’t fully understand what you exactly meant by “spaced out” but here is a screenie of the first types (but without the two water types) from left to right:

Hope that helps :slight_smile: If you need some more, ask away!

Cheets

lwsquad said:
Heh, well as i'm not a programmer, I know you all would laugh at some of the stuff I try over and over and over, but that make it all the better when it works! Even if it isn't actually as expected. But it is fun for me to learn and try things with jME!

Well, thanks for being one of my most dedicated users. :)
Dodikles said:
Hi,

so I strangely enough couldn't find "rock wall top", only rock wall sides... "wood wall top" is there...

I didn't fully understand what you exactly meant by "spaced out" but here is a screenie of the first types (but without the two water types) from left to right:

[image snipped]

Hope that helps :) If you need some more, ask away!

Cheets

Sorry "stone wall top" is what I meant and you covered it. Weird that it works and grass doesn't. The fact that some of the others are messed up will hopefully be a good clue. Thanks.

Here are those same materials on my box:

Bump maps are the things in common between the working and non-working, as far as I can tell. So that means any of the ‘wood planks’ based types will fail along with the W&D (waddle and daub) types.

…and that shader code is untouched from the original cut-paste I did of the JME Lighting material… but I’m still running stock alpha 3. I wonder if there have been fixes since then for this issue.

It doesn’t help the water issue, though.

Ugh,

alpha-3? This could be the problem. I would recommend you to be always fresh with the svn version (or at least the nightly builds) because they rarely break something but get rid of bugs with every commit. Seriously :wink: I even remember that there was a bug in the Lighting shader in alpha-3!

Try to do that and report back!

I think you’ve convinced me. I’ve forked the original shaders somewhat but I can diff forward to see what I need to apply.

I’m always wary of updates when everything else is working. :slight_smile:

Updated… didn’t seem to break anything but now no JME source code. Boo. Have to sort that out.

Hm, the source should be included… Check the Library under Tools->Libraries and if it has the sources registered. Otherwise there seem to have been some problems on Windows7 lately with updating jMP, I don’t know if some windows security update changed some user rights or permissions, but it feels a lot like rights issues… Did you have any other problems like reports of disabled modules or anything?

normen said:
Hm, the source should be included.. Check the Library under Tools->Libraries and if it has the sources registered. Otherwise there seem to have been some problems on Windows7 lately with updating jMP, I don't know if some windows security update changed some user rights or permissions, but it feels a lot like rights issues.. Did you have any other problems like reports of disabled modules or anything?

No errors during update (I'm running WinXP, by the way) until it restarted and one of my projects complained about not having reference to the sources zip (a different project). Mythruna didn't complain but I also couldn't pull up sources anymore, either. Netbeans just pulls up the "compiled code" version of the sources.

I poked around in the jme platform directories and didn't see anything obviously 'sources' looking and so I downloaded the nightly zip and pointed it there... since there is sources in that. I can't operate without being able to see how things work. ;)

Where should the sources be?

(App Folder)/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform/libs/jMonkeyEngine3-sources.zip

normen said:
(App Folder)/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform/libs/jMonkeyEngine3-sources.zip

Unfortunately, I don't have it. I have jMonkeyEngine3.jar and jMonkeyEngine3-javadoc.zip but no sources.

...even worse, the jMonkeyEngine3.jar is saying it's a month old versus everything else that was updated today. This may be why my downloaded source doesn't match the .classes and why I seem to be missing some things I expected to have (and all of my materials are broken since I pulled in the m_-less ones). Going to see about reupdating or just manually overwriting these jars.

Very strange.

Hm, there is also another folder for updated libraries, its a .jmonkeyplatform folder in your AppData or user folder, however the base libraries should be updated to the application folder directly.

The update isn’t “taking” for some reason. Every time I go back to the plug-in updates page, I still see:

Installed version:0.6.0.6218

Available version:0.6.0.6803

…for the JME platform. Trying one more time.

Ok, my browser was apparently holding the javadocs from being deleted so the update was silently failing. I’ve updated now… and now I need to fix my lighting. :slight_smile:

pspeed said:
Ok, my browser was apparently holding the javadocs from being deleted so the update was silently failing. I've updated now... and now I need to fix my lighting. :)

Oh alright, good hint, thanks.
normen said:
Oh alright, good hint, thanks.

And for the record, closing the page wasn't good enough. I had to completely kill Firefox for it to release the javadocs zip.

Just in case anyone else runs across this.