New test build 20120224 - Bug fixes and cones

Get it here:

Download Now | Mythruna

Release notes:

http://mythruna.com/20120224-release-notes/

Highlights in this release:

4 Likes

Screenshots is always nice :).

Yeah, I put one up on facebook but didn’t have time to put one on imgur.com too.

When game mode is more functional, I will try to make another video.

A pic of the wooden cones/spikes:

http://i.imgur.com/N02s0.jpg

3 Likes

Wow!!! Amazing ^^.

@pspeed said:
A pic of the wooden cones/spikes:
http://i.imgur.com/N02s0.jpg

@pspeed When can I throw them as missile? :)
@iamcreasy said:
@pspeed When can I throw them as missile? :)

It will be a while yet. I shifted focus to improve scripting support and soon will lay the foundation for AI. What you want requires physics to be farther along than it is.
@pspeed said:
...improve scripting support and soon will lay the foundation for AI.

Very intriguing. Would you are you improving about the scripting part?

Is there anyway you might bring PVP on you hot list? I tried it after a long time, and after all that now it was like "enough exploration & building, now I want to fight".. what do you say? :roll:
@iamcreasy said:
Very intriguing. Would you are you improving about the scripting part?

A week old thread: http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=598.0

I have interactive objects now and I'm trying to polish up the "game mode" UI a little for a release.

Next will be script hooks for AI. At that point, modders can add all kinds of things to Mythruna even before the game officially has them.

@iamcreasy said:
Is there anyway you might bring PVP on you hot list? I tried it after a long time, and after all that now it was like "enough exploration & building, now I want to fight".. what do you say? :roll:

Physics then combat then PvP (at or almost at the same time as combat).

I get the following errors when trying to run the latest release. This seems like its a video card issue for me. Maybe you guys can help me figure out the deal? Im pretty sure my card SHOULD support this feature.

2012-03-04 22:53:28,563 WARN [com.jme3.asset.AssetConfig] Cannot find loader com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.BlenderModelLoader
2012-03-04 22:53:30,387 ERROR [com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer] === jMonkeyEngine FBO State ===
FrameBuffer[format=1280x720x1, drawBuf=0]
Depth => TextureTarget[format=Depth24]
Color(0) => TextureTarget[format=RGBA8]

2012-03-04 22:53:30,396 ERROR [mythruna.client.MainStart] Unhandled error:Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Framebuffer object format is unsupported by the video hardware.
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.checkFrameBufferError(LwjglRenderer.java:1321)
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1598)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1109)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1174)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:253)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:149)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:182)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:223)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2012-03-04 22:53:30,425 ERROR [com.jme3.app.Application] Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Framebuffer object format is unsupported by the video hardware.
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.checkFrameBufferError(LwjglRenderer.java:1321)
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1598)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:149)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:223)
2012-03-04 22:53:30,425 ERROR [mythruna.client.MainStart] Default handling did not exit.

Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

Build version:20120224

Memory usage:
Working memory: 89% (14614024/16252928) VM Max: 2% (14614024/518979584)

Rendering caps:
FrameBuffer
FrameBufferMRT
FrameBufferMultisample
OpenGL20
OpenGL21
ARBprogram
GLSL100
GLSL110
GLSL120
VertexTextureFetch
FloatTexture
FloatColorBuffer
NonPowerOfTwoTextures
VertexBufferArray

Statistics:
Vertices = 0
Triangles = 0
Uniforms = 0
Objects = 0
Shaders (S) = 0
Shaders (F) = 0
Shaders (M) = 5
Textures (S) = 0
Textures (F) = 0
Textures (M) = 9
FrameBuffers (S) = 1
FrameBuffers (F) = 1
FrameBuffers (M) = 4
Application settings:
UseInput = true
AudioRenderer = LWJGL
Height = 720
Renderer = LWJGL-OpenGL2
BitsPerPixel = 24
Fullscreen = false
StencilBits = 0
DepthBits = 24
VSync = true
Frequency = -1
Width = 1280
Samples = 0
DisableJoysticks = true
FrameRate = -1

Display adapter information:
Adapter:nvd3dumx,nvd3dum
Driver Version:null
Vendor:NVIDIA Corporation
Version:2.1.2
Renderer:GeForce 7900 GS/PCI/SSE2
GLSL Ver:1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

@scrubalub said:
I get the following errors when trying to run the latest release. This seems like its a video card issue for me. Maybe you guys can help me figure out the deal? Im pretty sure my card *SHOULD* support this feature.

You were able to run previous releases?

I agree that it looks like you should be able to run. I have no idea why it's kicking out that error.

I assume your drivers are all up to date, etc..

I was able to run some of the first version of the game. I get this same error with some of the jme3 demos that I never had an issue with. I posted awhile back about this error and it hasn’t resolved itself.

yes I updated my video card drivers before posting

In JME3 TestwalkingChar.java

[java] private void setupFilter()

{

FilterPostProcessor fpp = new FilterPostProcessor(assetManager);

BloomFilter bloom = new BloomFilter(BloomFilter.GlowMode.Objects);

fpp.addFilter(bloom);

viewPort.addProcessor(fpp);

}[/java]

That PostProcessor gives me the same error. So I think at some point the engine implemented something that my video card doesn’t support. I just want to be able to pin point what the problem is

@scrubalub said:
That PostProcessor gives me the same error. So I think at some point the engine implemented something that my video card doesn't support. I just want to be able to pin point what the problem is

Interesting. I want to get this resolved also because I, too, believe a bug creeped in somewhere along the way and never got attention. You aren't the first person to tell me that you can't run when you could run fine before. I wish I knew when the issue started as it would narrow it down... and this is an area outside of my expertise.

I don't have TestWalkingChar in front of me but maybe you can play with adding the FilterPostProcessor at different times. I remember that I used to have to add it on the second update() pass or strange things would happen. And then something changed where I had to add it during simpleInit(). Since you see the problem maybe you can try a few of these random stabs in the dark.

...it beats building from svn and stepping back a revision at a time. ;)

I will have to test it later but I first got this issue about 9 months ago

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/development-discussion-jme3/forum/topic/framebuffer-object-format-is-unsupported-by-the-video-hardware/?topic_page=3&num=15

I just recently got back to working on my game after pretty much a 9 month hiatus. Got engaged, moved and changed jobs :slight_smile:

But I am 100% sure I have ran the TestWalkingChar and Mythruna. Is it possible that something new was added and my card just sucks, yup. But I would feel better knowing that its my card and not a bug

thanks for looking into it

@scrubalub said:
But I am 100% sure I have ran the TestWalkingChar and Mythruna. Is it possible that something new was added and my card just sucks, yup. But I would feel better knowing that its my card and not a bug

For what it's worth, all of the Mythruna releases are still available here:
http://www.mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Older_Test_Builds

Just in case you wanted to verify your sanity at some point. Though I don't know if trying a bunch of old game builds qualifies as "sane" either.

@scrubalub:

Any chance you can give some estimate in terms of nightly build or revision number of where the issue started showing? Probably you can ignore any changes that didn’t modify LwjglRenderer