Nifty GUI Design Tab

Okay, this is a dumb question. I’ve spent days debugging all of these seemingly more complicated issues with networking and eventually made it through all of them thus far with the resources here, but I can not for the life of me figure out this issue. I’m starting to learn the basics of the NiftyGUI and when going through the tutorial, I try to preview my second screen, called “hud” as per the tutorial, and it will not show me it. I click the dropdown menu and click “hud” and nothing happens, it still displays the start screen. And before you suggest it, yes, I have checked and they are in fact differently formatted screens, not simply the same style being repeated which makes it appear as if it’s not changing. I’ve restarted my computer, I’ve restarted the SDK, I’ve added the nifty libraries to every possible folder (I think), and it won’t let me preview my second screen. I realize it’s an annoyance more than anything, but I don’t understand why this issue that no one else appears to be having won’t go away. Any ideas?

I don’t think that i understand sorry… which is the problem ? Can’t you goto second screen ? have you debug if the event is sended to screen controller ? could you please be more specific ? i.e. link the tutorial or post your code .

I think this is a bug in the SDK, or at least the Nifty design previewer. To work around it, put each screen in a separate XML file.

1 Like