Nifty + Listbox not showing

Did you actually make your app borderless?

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

What are you using for the printing of the text? Cause the label control has a wrap function you might be able to borrow and print each letter on a new line that way.

I’m doing so:

[xml]

<control id=“progressText” text="$progresstext" name=“label” align=“center” valign=“center”/>

[/xml]

I already try before the wrap function, but it didn’t work for some reason. I tried so:

[xml]

<control name=“progressBar” align=“center” valign=“center” width=“100%” height=“75%” progress=“0.5f” direction=“horizontal”

progresstext=“C

O

M

B

O”/>

[/xml]

EDIT: I activated the wrap function too. Btw I’ll try again.

Ok, if you set the width of the label so it can only fit 1 character you can put all the letters on the same line, with spaces a seperators. Then the wrap should works. As far as I know, it wraps on word level, so when you have a single word text, wraping might not work.

Else you might need to create your own label like control which does wrap per letter.

Hhmmzz… Might be an idea to add that to the general label via an extra parameter, wrapLevel=“word/character”.

Have to talk to @void256 about that one.

Have you tried /n/r ?

@timm3h said:
Have you tried /n/r ?

Hmmm. Not yet. I'll try it when I get home. Btw the label control should have a "direction" parameter where the value might be "horizontal" or "vertical"!? :)

no vertical text support in nifty at the moment. sorry.

the workaround ractoc suggested might indeed work. and the text element will wrap words (if enabled with wrap=“true”) by default but tries to wrap letters when word wrapping is not sufficient. the key to wrapping is a fixed width for the text element in question. but all in all this will still be just a crude workaround for a missing feature :confused:

maybe someone wants to send a patch to add it the right way :wink: