Nifty Preview not working in RC2

I had some weird issues with Nifty after moving to RC2 but I was using the nightly which I now see labeled as “Breaks” so I guess something is wrong with it? I can’t see any info around.

I’ve done a fresh install of the SDK and my old code is working again with the stable but the nifty preview still isn’t. I get two blank errors in the little errors pane and the stack is:

java.lang.NullPointerException

[catch] at com.jme3.gde.gui.multiview.NiftyPreviewPanel$2.call(NiftyPreviewPanel.java:185)

at com.jme3.app.AppTask.invoke(AppTask.java:142)

at com.jme3.app.Application.runQueuedTasks(Application.java:584)

at com.jme3.app.Application.update(Application.java:597)

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:267)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.updateInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:188)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$100(AwtPanelsContext.java:44)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.update(AwtPanelsContext.java:68)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:120)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:146)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Thanks guys.

Try switching between the preview and xml view, does that fix it?

No, it doesn’t. But it does spit out a popup the very first time I go to the preview window after launching the SDK.

error message.

Are you using your own library sets in your project or the default ones? Do you store the libraries in the project older? Then they won’t be updated. Nightly always breaks btw, it was never safe to use it. Apparently the hint works as intended :slight_smile:

Moved the thread to the jME SDK forum btw.

Hm, I haven’t done anything special with libraries at all using JME, I’ve had no need yet. I did just copy the project folder from the older SDK to the new one but it shouldn’t effect other projects should it? If I create a new project, add a nifty GUI file and open it, I get the error.

When I shut down the SDK with the preview window showing and then re-open it, I get the same popup error as before, but I just noticed I also get this, slightly different stack, if it helps.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Processor cannot be null.

at com.jme3.renderer.ViewPort.removeProcessor(ViewPort.java:147)

at com.jme3.gde.gui.multiview.NiftyPreviewPanel$8.call(NiftyPreviewPanel.java:318)

[catch] at com.jme3.app.AppTask.invoke(AppTask.java:142)

at com.jme3.app.Application.runQueuedTasks(Application.java:584)

at com.jme3.app.Application.update(Application.java:597)

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:267)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.updateInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:188)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$100(AwtPanelsContext.java:44)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.update(AwtPanelsContext.java:68)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:120)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:146)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Just checked and I also get the same error.

Has any headway been made on this? I’ve been going through the nifty tutorials and am getting the same error when I go to preview. Is it just an issue of using the nightly build or is it something else entirely?