Nifty's element doesn't work

Hi,

Is there any problem with Nifty’s element in the current JME3RC2 build?

1. Creating a new BasicGame project
  2. Adding a new “Empty NiftyGui file…” to the Interface folder
  3. Opening newNiftyGui.xml and changin to Design view ->
  4. -> doesn’t work.

I mean the design view displays nothing.
Deleting the entire element “solves” the problem.

Text on buttons works fine… regarding to Nifty’s documentation buttons use the same element (although i think they has already been compiled)
I did try deleting a few parameters of text or changing the Font but no success.

Please enlighten me :slight_smile:

1 Like

The built in nifty editor in the SDK I found too fragile/limited to really be useful. There’s a non-integrated nifty editor that someone is making as a separate project…or I just work in XML/Java and ignore the editor completely :slight_smile:

I feel dumb… I can’t get Nifty working.

Creating a fresh a project with a fresh auto-generated nifty xml simply doesn’t run!

“AssetNotFoundException: aurulent-sans-17.fnt”

adding a custom font (which used to work before RC2) doesn’t work either.

deleting the “font” attribute from text element resulting:
“WARNING: missing font in renderText! could it be that you’re using elements without a font or style attribute? in case you’ve replaced with you’re probably missing style=‘nifty-label’”

Have I forgotten something?

I see a convert in my future >.<

Seriously though, do you use Nightly? Or?

No, I am using “stable”.

You are probably missing an asset jar or something.

If you create a font and then use that (and make absolutely sure that the path to it is correct) then it works. I do that all the time.

nevermind, I don’t know what the heck I’m doing. How should I expect to help? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm… using absolute path for font name works fine. I didn’t use use absolute font path in the previous version of JME JDK. I might not aware of how nifty resolves font path names.

Had the same problem my self. Go to the source and change to this

font=“aurulent-sans-16.fnt”

worked for me, maybe you’ve already figured it out :wink: