Nightly Build Still Working?

you can subscribe to the cvs mailing list, then you'll get a mail notification for each checkin.

nightly builds page is indicating 19 april as as the build date can, I ignore that, I'm asking because IE seems grab my last download of the source from its tmp folders. the connection at the office can be fast…at times :frowning: but not that fast(14m in 25 secs)

yes I can get rid of the internet files…which I have…but will I get an updated nightly (may 1) when I try again

hmm, it seems the server I used to run the nightly builds was moved and reconfigured :expressionless:

I'm not sure I can set up ant builds there again… anyone else who could do that? Does java.net provide nightly builds btw?

Well, it's already being uploaded to my servers, I guess I can support doing the build there as well. :wink:

Irrisor, lets talk about this further privately and I'll set you up with whatever you need to get it working again.

well, simply updating from cvs and executing that "nightly" target in the build file each night is enough. Only thing you have to do before is putting the ftp account name and password into the properties.

Don't we need to set up something like Continuum to do the builds for us and send out notifications of failures?

continuum is still running over here to send the mails, after each checkin. However it does not execute the ant stuff but maven. If you would like to configure the pom.xml to deploy the assemblies, that'd be an option. But it's quite some work… additionally you might want to set up a maven repo then…  so using the ant stuff would be easier.

I thought Maven was so much easier than Ant. ;)  hehe

No matter what I'll have to schedule some sort of task whether cron or continuum to do the build so it can be pushed into the nightly area.  I'll look at my options and let you know. Since it will be running on the same server that is hosting the nightly now though I'll probably remove the FTP portion and just copy to the nightly area.