No Smoke on the Water

I have a scene with a WaterFilter in it and a ParticleEmitter to simulate smoke. The smoke disappears behind the water - it looks like the water is drawn over the particle sprites.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks.

rhaaa damn you…now it’s smoke on the water in my head for the afternoon … :stuck_out_tongue:

yes there is a fix, you have to place your ParticleEmitter in the Translucent bucket and add a TranslucentBucketFilter at the end of your filter stack

:D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MSyFA84u48&feature=fvsr

Edit: Hey, embed youtube videos aren't working anymore?
1 Like

Some youtube videos don’t work… depends on the url, you drew a bad one :wink:

yeah, embedded another :D.

Weee, Steve Morse :smiley:

@nehon What does the Translucent bucket filter do? In fact what’s the significance of bucket in jME rendering pipeline?

iamcreasy said:
@nehon What does the Translucent bucket filter do? In fact what's the significance of bucket in jME rendering pipeline?

Dude RTFM, there is a doc about that!.....erm....wait....... rhaaa....yeah you got me, i'm gonna write it...
1 Like
iamcreasy said:
@nehon What does the Translucent bucket filter do? In fact what's the significance of bucket in jME rendering pipeline?

Dude RTFM, there is a doc about that!.....erm....wait....... rhaaa....yeah you got me, i'm gonna write it...

You can say that again. :wink:

Every time I see this topic, I want to ask if there was fire in the sky… :wink:

I still have the same problem with the TranslucentBucketFilter : a scene with waterFilter and particles which disappears behind the water.

I call the createFire method in the TestPostWater class test and the effect doesn’t work well.

hmm, could you post your test case?