No suitable constructor for new ImagebasedHeightMap(heightMapImage.getImage()) ?

Hi,

I’ve been using jME3 for a couple of weeks on another laptop. This laptop however is experiencing trouble compiling the same project. I downloaded the jME3 SDK an hour ago, updated it - but the error persists. I tried the option to Clean and Build

This is my code (taken directly from the tutorial I think):

[java]/** 2. Create the height map */

AbstractHeightMap heightmap = null;

Texture heightMapImage = assetManager.loadTexture(

“Textures/Terrain/splat/mountains512.png”);

heightmap = new ImagebasedHeightMap(heightMapImage.getImage());

heightmap.load();[/java]

The error during compile:

[java]

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.5

C:UsersAsserDocumentsjMEProjectsmyTDGamesrcdabblesysworldWorldManager.java:99: error: cannot find symbol

heightmap = new ImagebasedHeightMap(heightMapImage.getImage());

symbol: class ImagebasedHeightMap

[/java]

Any suggestions ?

Hm, you sure you updated it? If the constructor takes a BufferedImage / AWT image then this is beta w/o any updates.

When checking for updates it just checks and then says ‘Your application is up to date’ - ‘There are no updates available’.

Am I checking for updates the wrong place? It does say ‘Plugin Installer’ at the top - perhaps there’s another way to check which version I have ?

Did you change the premade libraries (Tools->Libraries) at some point? Then they won’t be updated but point at the jars you selected then. Do you have the AWT image constructor?

Sorry - was a capitalization-error on my part. It was ImageBasedHeightMap, and not ImagebasedHeightMap.

Thanks for the quick support yet again.

Which I could have read from the compile error.