None of the Physics Demos Will Run

Brand new installation of the SDK on linux and I had 3 errors, two are fixed by changing to JDK8 from the default 6 but the last one is this:

.../JME/JmeTests/src/jme3test/bullet/PhysicsHoverControl.java:188: error: cannot access MotionState
getMotionState().applyTransform(spatial);
class file for com.bulletphysics.linearmath.MotionState not found
1 error
...a/JME/JmeTests/nbproject/build-impl.xml:521: The following error occurred while executing this line:
.../JME/JmeTests/nbproject/build-impl.xml:219: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

Not sure what’s going on here. So I commented out that one line that was causing issues and all the demos will now run except the ones with physics. When I try to start them the crash and the pop up reads:

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,6,main]
NoClassDefFoundError: com/bulletphysics/collision/dispatch/CollisionWorld$RayResultCallback

As I understand it, JMonkey is transitioning it’s physics engine? Have the demos not been updated?

Thanks

1 Like

Indeed, the demos have not been updated to work with the latest SDK. In addition to changing the project from JDK6 to JDK7 (or 8) you will also need add bullet and bullet-native to its library properties – and remove jbullet.

2 Likes