NoSuchMethodError: javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getMaxFixedFunc(Z)Ljavax/media/opengl/GLProfile;

I’m trying to switch over from lwjgl to jogl and am getting an error. (See below).
GLProfile exists in jogl.core.jar and has the call getMaxFixedFun(). I’ve moved it up to the first spot in Compile-time Libraries.
I don’t know if it is because of the package relocation (682 – Relocating remaining javax.media.opengl.* -> com.jogamp.opengl.* to relax probable license issue while bundling JOGL).
I’ve also used Java 3D and older versions of NetBeans.

Oct 11, 2016 7:17:42 PM com.jme3.system.JmeDesktopSystem initialize
INFO: Running on jMonkeyEngine 3.0.10
Oct 11, 2016 7:17:42 PM com.jme3.system.Natives extractNativeLibs
INFO: Extraction Directory: C:\Users\Mipada\Documents\JMonkey\MyUniverse
Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getMaxFixedFunc(Z)Ljavax/media/opengl/GLProfile;
at com.jme3.system.jogl.JoglNewtAbstractDisplay.initGLCanvas(JoglNewtAbstractDisplay.java:78)
at com.jme3.system.jogl.JoglNewtCanvas.initGLCanvas(JoglNewtCanvas.java:54)
at com.jme3.system.jogl.JoglNewtCanvas.(JoglNewtCanvas.java:49)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
at com.jme3.system.JmeDesktopSystem.newContextJogl(JmeDesktopSystem.java:198)
at com.jme3.system.JmeDesktopSystem.newContext(JmeDesktopSystem.java:242)
at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.newContext(JmeSystem.java:138)
at com.jme3.app.Application.createCanvas(Application.java:416)
at core.MyUniverse$1.run(MyUniverse.java:292)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Yes it’s most likely because the package names was changed and you have a mismatch between the JOGL-version you have and the version of jME you use.

I know @gouessej has asked for help in maintaining the Jogl-renderer for jME:

jmaasing is right. Something is wrong in your environment, you’re trying to mix a version of JMonkeyEngine (3.0.10 requires an older version of JOGL, probably 2.3.0 or something even older) with an incompatible version of JOGL (2.3.2?). Both Java3D 1.6.0-pre 12 and the latest version (on the trunk) of JMonkeyEngine require JOGL 2.3.2.

Thanks for your replies.
Below is what I did in Java3D before I realized that I can’t separate my Saturn V stages or dock with another object because there is no way to pause the drawing loop. The right of center panel are all my video feeds. I can move them to the center panel or one of the four overhead panels.
Preformatted text
My goal is to do this in JME but, I need multiple cameras and canvases. I got this error:
“ava.lang.IllegalStateException: Only one LWJGL context may be instantiated at any one time.”
I was thinking of switching to JOGL but, I think that this is not an opengl limitation but a JME one. Before I go on making my own camera/canvas combo:
Is it an opengl limitation?