Not copying library /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/assets , it's a directory

Hi!

When trying to build a project the log says “Not copying library /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/assets , it’s a directory.”. When running the resulting jar file it throws error dialogs complaining about missing assets…

There are no assets.jar in the dist folder.

Project runs fine from the SDK.

I’m using nightly on OS X.

Code:
init: deps-clean: Updating property file: /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build/built-clean.properties Deleting directory /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build clean: init: deps-jar: Created dir: /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build Updating property file: /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build/built-jar.properties Created dir: /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build/classes Created dir: /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build/empty Compiling 1 source file to /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build/classes compile: Created dir: /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/dist Copying 1 file to /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/build Not copying library /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/assets , it's a directory. Copy libraries to /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/dist/lib. Building jar: /Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/dist/MyGame.jar To run this application from the command line without Ant, try: java -jar "/Users/kwando/jMonkeyProjects/TestCase/dist/MyGame.jar" jar: BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 0 seconds)

Maybe using “TestCase” isn’t a good idea? Maybe there’s some keyword association conflict?

Also, the obvious, check if your “Assets” settings are right.

It does not work with a project named LensFX either so I don’t think that is the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

The assets settings is the default ones:

http://imgur.com/1uC6m

That’s kinda weird.

Your settings are the same as they are here.

I just rebuilt and it went through without a problem.

The only difference I see is that I don’t get a message when it tries to copy the assets. All I have here during build is this:

compile:
Created dir: H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbdist
Copying 1 file to H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbbuild
Copy libraries to H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbdistlib.
Building jar: H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbdistDisenthral.jar
To run this application from the command line without Ant, try:
java -jar "H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbdistDisenthral.jar"
Windows EXE Creation
Compiling resources
Linking
Wrapping
Successfully created H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbdistDisenthral.exe
Building zip: H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbdistDisenthral-Windows.zip
Deleting: H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbdistDisenthral.exe
Copying 1 file to H:UsersDanyDocumentsjMonkeyProjectsDisenthral_bbbuild

Hmm, build from the command line worked “ant clean; ant jar”. After restarting the SDK it works inside the SDK aswell… Really strange, but I won’t complain since it’s working fine now :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time @madjack.

Sometimes I get the feeling that my computer likes to screw with me…

@kwando said:
Sometimes I get the feeling that my computer likes to screw with me..

It's a Mac... Everything is normal. ;)

This part is handled in assts-impl.xml, did you change that somehow? Or the main build file that calls it?

Nope, no change what so ever. I tried obfuscation, ticked and unticked that checkbox. But as said, a reboot of the SDK helped.

I can’t reproduce the error any more.