Numerous bugs visible in HelloIntersection

I’m using the latest CVS on OS X 10.4 as of today and when running HelloIntersection I notice many bugs (some new, some old):

1. Skybox is the wrong color
  2. Text and crosshairs are not visible, just whiteness… (FIXED!)
  3. The bounding sphere bugs are still there. (FIXED!)
  4. If the class is set to use OpenAL (haven’t tried fmod) then the panning is all wrong.

:frowning:

Thanks, will be looked into.

Nice, the Bounding Sphere bug has been fixed!

Hi,

I seem to have:

2) Text and crosshairs are not visible, just whiteness…

for jmetest.intersection.TestPick, jmetest.base.TestSimpleGame, etc… but not for jmetest.ui.TestUI …

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with the missing font and found a fix for it somewhere by searching these forums. I cant remember what the suggested solution was but I did this to fix the problem:

If you are using the cvs built jme.jar then the problem is most likely a missing font image file from the jar as the ant build doesnt seem to include it.

I simply placed the image ‘defaultfont.tga’ into the jar in the path comjmeapp. You can either unpack the jar and put the image there before packing it up again or use a clever compression program like WinRAR that will let you drop it straight into the archive in the right place.

The image can be found in srccomjmeapp of the cvs.

I am sure there is a more elegant solution but this one worked for me. Just make sure the image is in the right path in the jar.

Also, sorry for the late reply but I only came across this problem recently as I started to use the cvs as opposed to the distro. Anyway I hope others who come across this problem will find this post in the future.

We had discussed making the default text part of the main jme jar for that reason. I don’t remember what was decided though. I think it was just put aside.

"builderchad" wrote:
I had the same problem with the missing font and found a fix for it somewhere by searching these forums. I cant remember what the suggested solution was but I did this to fix the problem:

If you are using the cvs built jme.jar then the problem is most likely a missing font image file from the jar as the ant build doesnt seem to include it.

I simply placed the image 'defaultfont.tga' into the jar in the path comjmeapp. You can either unpack the jar and put the image there before packing it up again or use a clever compression program like WinRAR that will let you drop it straight into the archive in the right place.

The image can be found in srccomjmeapp of the cvs.

I am sure there is a more elegant solution but this one worked for me. Just make sure the image is in the right path in the jar.

Also, sorry for the late reply but I only came across this problem recently as I started to use the cvs as opposed to the distro. Anyway I hope others who come across this problem will find this post in the future.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, currently the defaultfont.tga is there, in com/jme/app, and when ant jar's the files, it should still be there. However, I'm still experiencing this problem. I think it's a problem in SimpleGame.java but I can't figure out where. :(

You are assuming ant has the file in the jar… but maybe you could double check by popping opne the jar? Also, double check how you are running an example and whether the jar is truly being used or if the path to the font file exists in multiple places in your classpath (ie, the jar AND a bin/ folder or something)

The font file MUST be in the jar along with the other jme classes, in the app folder. If ant isn’t putting it there for some reason, then that is a problem. It’s not an issue with SimpleGame.

If ant isn't putting it there for some reason, then that is a problem.

I don't think it is. Looking into it right now.

build.xml is fixed. The jar will now contain the tga file. Sorry about that. Should have noticed that earlier when people were complaining about the missing font file.

"mojomonk" wrote:
build.xml is fixed. The jar will now contain the tga file. Sorry about that. Should have noticed that earlier when people were complaining about the missing font file.
Thanks! :D