OBJ Model Dimensions

Is is possible to determine the dimensions (length, width and height) of an OBJ model once it is loaded into jME?  My artist gave me dimensions, but they seem to be in error.  Maybe ObjToJme changes the coord values or something? ???  :?

Any help would be appreciated?

Jeff

how are you determining the dimensions in jME and how was he determining them?  Coord values should be the same when loaded in.

Cant you use the boundingbox to get the dimension of the model ?

I think i know what you mean  in your editor you can have a model that is pretty big  but once loaded in jme you need to scale it up because it turns out he is way to small.  ( i think this depends on the editor your using )

The bright side is if you or your artist makes everything himself in the same tool with all objects in relative size to each other  you can use the same scale for all your imports.

Hellmaster.

Yeah, you can use the bounding, but I'm talking more about units.  Like working in meters in the modeling tool, but then the exporter exports in cm or inches, etc.

How is it possible to access boundingBox length/width/depth ?

renanse said:

how are you determining the dimensions in jME and how was he determining them?  Coord values should be the same when loaded in.

The link below shows the dimensions.  I'm building a physics model (using ODEJava) of the hovercraft and I want to correctly apply a particle system for the rocket exhaust and hover engines.  This model was designed by Alexander Pruess of Germany.

http://www.complexsive.com/images/setup-racer-b.jpg

I appreciate you guys help very much! :)
orelero said:

How is it possible to access boundingBox length/width/depth ?

something like ((BoundingBox)model.getWorldBound()).zExtent

thanks CoreDump ! !