(October 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Humidors for cigars… they sell for around 5k if tjey are good

50000 animated “monkeyguys” at 160 FPS

Damn, the image compression ate away the small guys… :rage:

1 Like

Jesus, that looks like a small mansion with a pool and a huge backyard. How large is the whole estate?

My house is not overly big for the area (small compared to surrounding neighborhoods) but was built in 1979 when lots were larger and houses weren’t what we call “McMansions” now. The whole yard, front and back, is 0.42 acres. (I don’t know what the metric equivalent to ‘acres’ is in this context but that’s 1699.68 sq meters.) And nicely my lot of roughly rectangular so the front and back yard are kind of the same size.

But yes, I have a pool and a large backyard. To be fair, every second house on this street has a pool, though, and mine is the smallest. :slight_smile:

Overhead google earth view:
http://imgur.com/p8Jbhsp.png

You can see my neighbors have larger yards… but I have better tree cover. :slight_smile:

Edit: if any of you are professionals working in your field for 25+ years, I hope you have a nice place to live also.

Edit 2: and yes, my pool is really green in that picture… must have been spending too much time working on JME those weekends… :wink:

7 Likes

@pspeed , I just mean that you have good conditions and you shouldn’t worry too much :slight_smile: .

Wait, is this still a WIP screenshot thread ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Houses are always a WIP :wink:

4 Likes

For me it is really interesting to see who those intelligent guys are. By the way, “nice” story @pspeed!

3 Likes

Of course it is. Pspeed wants us to believe that his latest game is actually his house. But if you look closely, you can spy the Stats widged that has been photoshopped out.

3 Likes

Hasn’t this been the monthly stuff-you-guys-might-find-interesting thread for a while now? Not that I’m in any way complaining :smile:

My ‘little’ thread there started out as a screenshot with context. Heheh.

…then trying to avoid work plus looking through old photos plus being tired (I get chatty when tired) all took over.

And now I know a couple people a little more than I did before. (Neat stuff @zzuegg. Sorry you couldn’t keep all of the tools.)

Well there is no chatter topic so main thread (screenshot thread) becomes the first candidate to become offtopic sometimes.

While experimenting with deferred rendering and metallic materials, I came around this.

Isn’t it beautiful? The bright particles are actually stars that are bloomed by my mipmap-based bloom filter. Each star is just 1 pixel but due to a mistake in the lighting computation some of them get lit. However, the aircraft has a nice metallic look. This is a real WIP screenshot.

22 Likes

This is wonderful!

I’m working on a third person camera control for fantasy games. What do you think ?

18 Likes

Can you show me how to do that? Last time I tried this, i got a very broken camera that didn’t like to behave.

1 Like

Very nice. Do you use ray casting?
Your game is starting to look very nice man, congrats.

That’s much better than the one in the test example, almost perfect I’d say :smiley: Now you just gotta port it from C# to Java.

Just a note, the ground is very obviously lacking any normal maps so the lighting shows it as a smooth flat surface. I suppose you haven’t gotten around to making them yet, but when you do there’s this handy tool called NormalMap-Online that makes normal maps from uploaded height maps which you can make by hand. I’ve found it incredibly useful, though you have to play with the settings a bit to get a good result.

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I AM!!!
That’s tredn I try to devleop. :wink:

2 Likes