I’m new to jMonkeyEngine.
I’ve been trying to understand how to use the jme3 VR module for a few hours now.
SteamVR is installed and the Home, Tutorial and Setup are working with my HTC Vive.
What I understand (correct me if I’m wrong):
- This is the engine itself
- This is the engine integrated in NetBeans:
- I assume the 3.1.0 SDK was built with the 3.1.0 Engine
- This official page states that VR is supported in jme3
What I did:
- I installed jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.1.0 Stable (
- I added
https://github.com/neph1/VRSampleApplication to my project folder
- I opened it in jme SDK
- I right clicked on the project > Properties > Libraries > Add Libraries > jme3-core
At this point, I was left with 3 errors in Main.java, at the following lines:
I thought I was going to find a jme3-VR lib… but no.
I this point I reached the end of my java/linux/jme knowledge and I can’t find any help on the web that covers this.
As my colleague like to say: Please explain like I’m 5.