Ogre Exporter Problem

When i try export my mesh with ogre meshes exporter occours a problem. My mesh’s material have 3 textures assigneds, but when i try export it, just 1 texture is exported. See the problem :

I want find a solution for this :).

1 Like

Try looking at the help of the exporter. Its available through the help button in the exporter. You can only export UV textures, you could make the single walls separate meshes to assign different textures but it would not be very resource friendly.

2 Likes

Actually I was wondering about this… it seems Ogre and .obj only export single textures, but the texcoords are exported. Does this mean you can use shaders to load multiple images using the same texcoords? (Assuming the images are identical sizes)

ste3e said:
Actually I was wondering about this... it seems Ogre and .obj only export single textures, but the texcoords are exported. Does this mean you can use shaders to load multiple images using the same texcoords? (Assuming the images are identical sizes)

Yes you can, it's basically what the Lighting.j3md material does. And images doesn't have to be of identical size.
In opengl textcoord are in the 0.0 to 1.0 range.

@glaucomardano Ogre exporter material is basic, and only supports simple texturing. If you want to use diffuse, normal and specular map, you'll need to create your own j3m material using the lighting material definition like this :

mymaterial.j3m

Material MyMaterial: Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.j3md {
MaterialParameters {
m_DiffuseMap: -path to your diffuse texture asset-
m_NormalMap: -path to your normal texture asset-
m_SpecularMap: -path to your specular texture asset-
}
}

then in the code load this material with the asset manager and assign it to your model.
Or you can open your model with JMP's scene composer, select the wall geometry, and assign the material to it. Save your scene as a j3o, and load it in your code.
2 Likes

This is such a cool engine. Thanks Nehon.

1 Like