OgreXML Problem

So I am trying to install OgreXML for Blender using Jme3’s built in installer. However during installation it asks me the path to the Blender scripts folder so I give it:
C:\Program Files\BlenderFoundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\

And when it starts installing it gives me the following error:
Error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\BlenderFoundation\Blender\2.67\scripts\io_export_ogreDotScene.py(Access is denied)

I am unsure of what to do. Can anyone help me? I heard OgreXML is necessary for model animations, so this problem worries me.

try scripts/export (or output?)

Two possibilities jump to mind:

1. you’re running win 7 or later with UAC on (can’t write to program directory) - give admin permission to write to blender folder or turn off UAC.
    Or
  2. look for the app data folder for your user account and drill down to roaming->blender->2.67->scripts (and maybe “addons”) and use that path instead

(sorry for the vagueness, typing on tiny phone :-P)

What is UAC and how do I give admin permission to write to blender folder or turn UAC off. I am using Windows 8. I tried going into the Blender scripts folder’s properties and change the security so that All application packages can Write to it. But it still doesn’t work. Same error.

UAC is User Access Control and I don’t recommend turning it off unless you know what you’re turning off :stuck_out_tongue:

Create an “addons” folder in the “scripts” folder in your user/username/appdata… folder. Like this.

I don’t have a Blender Foundation folder in Appdata -> Roaming. My Blender foundation folder is in Program Files.
And then in that folder there is Blender > 2.70 > scripts > addons. Do I point the path to the addons and not just end at scripts.

Yes.

That should work, though I’m puzzled why you don’t have blender in your appdata. The whole idea is to store ephemeral data per user, rather than in the program folder :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried putting the path to addons. Same error. I have now idea why my blender is in program files and not in appdata.

So say I had a model with animations, but I can’t use OgreXML. Can I just export the .blend directly and then covert that .blend into the j3o format for my game and it will still have the animations? Will the model still have its properties, textures and animations?

I am new to JME. Working on one project. I just imported a human model (ogre3D). I scaled my model which is messing with the mesh normals. I know in C++ i can add this line glEnable(GL_NORMALIZE) to normalize my model. What i have to do in JME 3 to normalize my model?

@ch.gulraiz said: I am new to JME. Working on one project. I just imported a human model (ogre3D). I scaled my model which is messing with the mesh normals. I know in C++ i can add this line glEnable(GL_NORMALIZE) to normalize my model. What i have to do in JME 3 to normalize my model?

Are you using JME’s shaders? They already normalize the normals.