Old Problem - Returned, or never went away?

I've taken the time to verify this. JComboBox does NOT work to drop-down properly on JDK 1.6 on Windows XP.

If I run TestJMEDesktop or TestSwingSettingsEditor the combo boxes don't drop down on 1.6 but if I change to 1.5 they work just fine.

I even updated to the most recent build of the JDK to make sure it isn't something they had fixed.  My build is 1.6.0-b105 and I'm running XP Professional on an AMD 64 processor with the most recent version of jME.

Irrisor, if you can look into this it would be greatly appreciated.  I've spent a little time trying to figure it out, but I just don't know the internals of JMEDesktop well enough to do anything but break stuff. :wink:

must be that popup-factory changed in some way… not sure why and how. I won't have the time to look into it in near future, sorry. Probably popups are somehow made heavy-weight in JDK 1.6? You could try to find a way to avoid this. If it cannot be changed / switched off you won't have a chance to show them on a JMEDesktop. You can also check if that custom popup factory in JMEDesktop is still used and where that returned component goes…

It would seem that sometimes the popup appears for a split second and then disappears.  I'll try to look into this more this weekend if I get a chance.