On exiting application, jme sets the screen resolution to what it was?

Such jar for lwjgl3 is not at jME3.1-beta1.zip, but I found it at jcentral or bintray repository jme3-lwjgl3-3.1.0-beta1, and I only found lwjgl3 at lwjgl3 github.

Is JME migrating to it (like it is/was to native bullet)? or is it an optional? Will it require other projects to depend on it too?

And, is it stable enough or I would use it just for this test? I mean, can I keep using it or better revert to current lwjgl2.9.3?

EDIT: Obs.: aww… so many things to setup and repack… I will take some time to do it :frowning:

[details=Offtopic about GPUs]I read AMD best performance comes from their proprietary drivers that I will have to use, and all gamers too. So basically there is not much difference from NVidia.

So the best thing in them providing open source help is for lower tier cards used in boring workstations (the ones used by equally lower tier employees, not the ones used by bosses :)), that can be endlessly improved until these old hardware completely fails.

If short in money, unfortunately the best target is the best quality and robustness affordable :confused:

I have also to consider physx and using the GPU as an additional CPU as I heard.[/details]

We are far off topic by now but…
nVidia is good for OpenGL development because it will take anything you can throw at it, driver updates rarely break your code, and their OpenGL support is top notch. (Their roots are ex-SGI guys, so…) You will save time in trouble-free development day-to-day (in general). And anecdotally, I find that my nVidia cards are willing to deal with some really weird non-optimal crap I throw at them “just to see”.

AMD is good for OpenGL testing because they randomly blow up if you step off the beaten path. It’s good that intel is around else AMD would still wear the “worst OpenGL drivers” crown. ATI was a joke in the OpenGL crowd for the longest time. AMD has done a lot to clean it up but some driver upgrade might still completely break your OpenGL app until the next upgrade.

I think if you deploy games then you will really need both ultimately… or at least lots of nice AMD users to help with issues.

1 Like

Unfortunately yes, I’m also forced to use AMD’s proprietary drivers (couldn’t get open drivers to work at all with this ridiculously widescreen monitor), which kinda sucks, but I guess we can’t win em all. At least I supported the underdog? I also have AMD stuff here because it’s much easier to get VM VGA-passthrough working than with NV. I had made a bit of a hobby out of playing with that for awhile (JME took over that time slot now). Oh, and I was using some of them for crypto currency mining awhile back, but now I’m going even further off topic! Anybody want some dirt cheap 6970s? lol j/k

Some day I’m sure I’ll go green again, because yeah, their stuff is solid - but having 2 PCs already with R9 280x/290x, wife is going to be asking questions at this point. :laughing:

1 Like
Offtopic about GPUs

I thought exactly that, we should have both for tests.

And I prefer not to spend a lot of time with troubles I shouldnt (least linux OS related ones, I actually like workarounding all of the ones I have to face! :))

And I went thru these troubles a few times, I couldnt even login once, want to scare me in the dark? just say “graphics driver update!”

Thx on the info!
I just had similar research concerning OpenJDK vs OracleJDK, where unpredictable crashes happens only on the OpenJDK so we can’t really use it at all…

PS.: Haaa!!! cool finally a good alternative to offtopicallize posts! xD click on the gear icon and “hide” if you like it too :slight_smile:

1 Like