One animation works but not the other. Why? (Blender cloth)

I made a cloth animation and “froze” it into a mesh (Alt-c) to get a nice looking ghost model.

Then trying to animate it which works fine in blender, but does not play in JME. Why?

I made another simple bone animation which imports and plays fine, just to make sure JME was working importing and such.

Video from the working anim in JME:

Video from the not working animatin (works with blender, and JME displays the animation in the scene explorer, but when clicking “play” nothing happens).

Any idea why? Is the mesh too complicated, or deformed or something?

JME only supports bone animations, if you baked the animtaion to the model it’s a pose animation and it’s not currently supported by the engine.

That mesh looks pretty simple really to me…so I really doubt it is that.

@nehon said: JME only supports bone animations, if you baked the animtaion to the model it's a pose animation and it's not currently supported by the engine.

What does it mean to “bake” the animation to the model?

I always used armature, bones and pose to make my animations, it’s how I learned from the JME / Blender video tutorials and I don’t see a difference here in how I did it, the only difference I see is in the shape of the mesh and how the mesh was made.

I made the armature parent of the mesh by automatic heat function, in both cases.

I’ll do some more searching to try and find what may cause this! Thanks so far for the reply.

This one works and I can’t see that I did it any different from the others, except it being simpler.

I’ll try and remake the ghost cloth mesh from scratch and see if it helps!

@ettavsdro said: What does it mean to "bake" the animation to the model?

I always used armature, bones and pose to make my animations, it’s how I learned from the JME / Blender video tutorials and I don’t see a difference here in how I did it, the only difference I see is in the shape of the mesh and how the mesh was made.

I made the armature parent of the mesh by automatic heat function, in both cases.

I’ll do some more searching to try and find what may cause this! Thanks so far for the reply.

Ok I misunderstood, I thought it was what you meant by “froze the animation into a mesh”.

That’s hard to figure your problem from what you described though

I rebuilt the ghost mesh from a new cloth and got it working this time.
Don’t know what was made differently.

I have a new issue though with another animation. Will post a new one.