openAL issue

I patched sound system to fix memory leak and memory/stream player issue. (revision 4342)

For my project, it heavily uses memory/stream player and it works without problem.

Please check out revision 4341 and try it works or not.

After that, please let me know.

hmm yes its true that i have revision 4342 but i'm not sure how to regress and get 4341 in eclipse i looked at all of the branches and tags

If you use eclipse, you can get other revision by right click on project name and

Replace with > Revision or URL

ahh yes i've found it thx but i still get the error but its not a disruptive error mind you it only shows after I have exited the application.  However i've found that it only occurs when i run standard game not base game

You mean rev 4341 doesn't show disruptive error?

Then could you give me an test case for this?

Hi Mulova,

I'm also gettting this error since I updated. I haven't been able to try the previous version but if I get change I'll have a go tonight.

To re-create you can run TestStandardGame. Once the scene starts rendering, escape out. You should see the hotspot error in the console.

Hope this helps a little.

Spodrum said:

To re-create you can run TestStandardGame. Once the scene starts rendering, escape out. You should see the hotspot error in the console.

Nothing happens for my computer.  :'(
Does anyone else suffer from this problem?

I also suffer from this problem since some time, I'm quite sure it appeared the first time after switching to LWJGL 2.1

i would personally check use system driver as the one included with ro is kinda old.

But vista  creative xfi  openAL got plenty of problems just google it. So it might not be possible to get openAL to really work.

edit: removed link to spam bot site

DebugGameState just executes System.exit() when pressing ESC.

When calling StandardGame.finish() instead of System.exit() i don't get the error anymore.

Core-Dump said:

DebugGameState just executes System.exit() when pressing ESC.
When calling StandardGame.finish() instead of System.exit() i don't get the error anymore.

thx was the repo updated...

Currently DebugGamestate knows nothing about StandardGame.

One Idea would be to pass a StandardGame reference to the DebugGameStates Constructor, but GameStates don't have to be used with StandardGame only, so that would be a bad idea.

I guess its up to the user to call StandardGame.cleanup() when exiting.

Hey,

I'm also getting the same JRE error:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0851c059, pid=3596, tid=2608
#
# JRE version: 6.0_14-b08
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (14.0-b16 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [OpenAL32.dll+0xc059]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# N:jmectfhs_err_pid3596.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

This usually occurs when I press [escape] in DebugGameState to exit out of StandardGame.

At the moment, I'm getting around this via:

try {
         Thread.sleep(5000);
      } catch (InterruptedException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      }
      game.finish();

(It's a simple physics test)

I just updated to the HEAD revision today. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance