OpenAL problem in linux

I'm running Linux mint Isadora (based on Ubuntu 10) and am having all sorts of problems.

First, I attempted to run JME3's example programs, both from the nightly build as well as the IDE, and I get addressing errors. Both XP machine I attempted on had 1GB to 1.25GB of RAM. I assume JME3 is using more than that and was giving me addressing errors, so I switched to my linux machine. on my XP machines, the JME3 standalone IDE takes forever to load, and when it does, I can't get anything to run on it because it either freezes (but still shows as running fine in my process manager) or crashes. (any ideas here would be great as well.)

More on my linux hardware: I've been using JME2 with no problems. I was originally having trouble with the on board mobo sound card as there were no actual linux drivers for it. So I switched to a Behringer USB sound card as my default (and only) sound card. Its using ALSA. I'm using netbeans 6.8.

I get the following error when I try to load the anything in jme3test.jbullet package, practically noting works.  I can't even get the lighting tests to work.  The log including the error I get from testPhysicsCar (and practically all the programs) is below.

I attempted to load the OpenAL files directly int netbeans by renaming lwjgl.jar to a .zip, extracting the files and adding the  …/jmonkeyplatform/libs/lwjgl (copy)/org/lwjgl/openal  folder in the libraries section.  This had no effect.

Any advice or help would be greatly apprecited!

Jun 19, 2010 12:45:35 AM com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager <init>

INFO: DesktopAssetManager created.

INFO JmeSystem 12:45:38 AM Running on jMonkey Engine 3 ALPHA 0.50

INFO Natives 12:45:38 AM Extraction Directory #1: file:/home/adam/Dropbox/Carroll-Harris/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform/libs/

INFO Natives 12:45:38 AM Extraction Directory #2: /home/adam/Dropbox/JmeTests

INFO Natives 12:45:38 AM Extraction Directory #3: /home/adam/Dropbox/JmeTests

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:38 AM Using LWJGL 2.4.2

INFO LwjglDisplay 12:45:38 AM Selected display mode: 640 x 480 x 0 @0Hz

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:39 AM Display created.

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:39 AM Adapter: null

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:39 AM Driver Version: null

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:39 AM Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:39 AM OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.22

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:39 AM Renderer: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2

INFO LwjglAbstractDisplay 12:45:39 AM GLSL Ver: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

INFO LwjglTimer 12:45:39 AM Timer resolution: 1000 ticks per second

INFO Camera 12:45:39 AM Camera created (W: 640, H: 480)

INFO LwjglMouseInput 12:45:39 AM Mouse created.

INFO LwjglKeyInput 12:45:39 AM Keyboard created.

SEVERE LwjglAudioRenderer 12:45:39 AM Failed to load audio library

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:153)

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:104)

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:191)

at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initialize(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:53)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initAudio(Application.java:126)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initialize(Application.java:318)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleBulletApplication.initialize(SimpleBulletApplication.java:198)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:102)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:147)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

SEVERE Application 12:45:39 AM Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alGetString(I)Ljava/lang/String;

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alGetString(Native Method)

at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initialize(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:58)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initAudio(Application.java:126)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initialize(Application.java:318)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleBulletApplication.initialize(SimpleBulletApplication.java:198)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:102)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:147)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 4 seconds)

make sure you have latest driver + latest nightly build

I also have mint 9 and it works wonderful

you can find a lot of information about linux+openal problem in this link and its branches ^^

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/forum/index.php?topic=13869.0

I feel dumb,  I fixed it on my linux machine by simply using the new nightly build. I thought I was already doing that, but your reply made me check again just in case. It turns out that I had downloaded it, but when I imported libraries, I chose the wrong folder.

it works now, thanks guys!