Opening OpenGL window error

I usually keep that window closed so it’s the first time I’ve seen this error since last time, which is quite some time; I wouldn’t be able to say when.

There seem to be 2 messages when clicking on the RED CIRCLED ! in the bottom right.

First message (this is displayed when I start jMP with the openGL window opened):

[java]

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(F)V

[catch] at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:233)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:149)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.runLoop(LwjglCanvas.java:227)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:223)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[/java]

Second message (no idea where this is coming from):

[java]java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.processors.WireProcessor.cleanup(WireProcessor.java:82)

at com.jme3.renderer.ViewPort.removeProcessor(ViewPort.java:144)

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication$9.call(SceneApplication.java:477)

[catch] at com.jme3.app.AppTask.invoke(AppTask.java:146)

at com.jme3.app.Application.update(Application.java:558)

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:215)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:149)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.runLoop(LwjglCanvas.java:227)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:223)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)[/java]

First error can’t really be, only if you updated some of the core plugins and some not or you replaced some jar files in the application by hand. The OpenGL window does have issues when the app is started and the window is open but hidden, apart from that theres now no issues about its opened/closed state anymore.

Couldn’t that be caused by the “SDK Core” plugin you told me it wasn’t necessary until later? We talked about that some time ago (a month or so I guess, probably more). It still sits in my update list but I still can’t update it.

“The plugin Java SE Projects is requested in implementation version 45.”

That probably is the issue but the current updates should all work fine with a vanilla alpha-4. If you didn’t reinstall since about 1 month and did updates before, it might be you got “too recent” versions of the base plugins.

I’ll manage without that openGL window. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway beta is pretty soon and at that point I’ll do a complete reinstall (or whatever is preferable at that time).