OpenSteer port for MonkeyBrains

plus social reasoning can be recursive (my expections about that person can be influence by that person’s expectations about me).

Indeed, though theoretically this is very hard to reason about, for many reasons that I won’t go into here. Suffice to say i spent 4 years working on this, and that’s one part I looked into but didn’t properly tackle…more info on what makes it hard in my PhD thesis. However if someone was interested, they could take the concept and implement something simple based on it.

I’ve no idea why the PDF is so slow - it seems fine for me. It’ll all hosted on wordpress.com which I’d expect to be fine…similarly the DNS records. I’ll investigate this evening perhaps.

Regarding the paywall links, alas this is not uncommon for published academic work. None should be completely paywalled but some will prevent downloading the paper unless you’ve got an account with the publisher. Of course, a little bit of googling can often reveal the paper hosted elsewhere. If there’s one of them you’d like to read but can’t find, let me know and I’ll see what I can do. Obviously I have the originals, but I’m loathe to self host them until I double check if that’s permissible.

@the_accidental said: Indeed, though theoretically this is very hard to reason about, for many reasons that I won't go into here. Suffice to say i spent 4 years working on this, and that's one part I looked into but didn't properly tackle...more info on what makes it hard in my PhD thesis.

Heh. I can imagine. Reasoning about potentially recursive situations is extremely challenging, there’s undecidability, performance, and performance predictability.

Seemed appropriate: Star Trek - Liar Paradox - YouTube

US-only it seems - “The user did not make that video available for your country”. (I didn’t want to install a proxy, too slow/unreliable to be worth the hassle.)
At least I got the title: “Star Trek - Liar Paradox”. Seems appropriate indeed :slight_smile:

@toolforger said: US-only it seems - "The user did not make that video available for your country". (I didn't want to install a proxy, too slow/unreliable to be worth the hassle.) At least I got the title: "Star Trek - Liar Paradox". Seems appropriate indeed :-)

Last paragraph of the “plot”: I, Mudd - Wikipedia

…describes the scene at least.