Opinion about this project

Hi guys!

Not sure this is the best place for this question. Sorry if not!

So just imagine, you are on train, bus, etc… Let's say train.

You will travel a lot, and you are bored.

What you say if someone (don't know who from the train) want to play with you on mobile?

You will accept these invites? For example, you have a game that's fun, interesting, like a guessing-game, sport,

racing or $YOUR_FAVORITE_GAME_HERE$…

Please put off your fear about security, now.

So you have invited for a good game. You can match! Who is the best?

These games are on your phone too. So you can invite other peoples.

Let's say 3 people have bluetooth (etc) on. You will invite them for a play?

I would like to know the peoples' personal equation about this.

Hope i wrote it clear. Sorry about my english!

And please share your fears about this thing.

You fear from virus,etc attacks?

Or just you don't want to play with unknown peoples?

Thank you!

depends

it depends on my mood at that time.

it depends if I like that person or not.(if I like him/her I will play with, if he/she is annoying + if my winning chance is high I will play to beat him/her)

it depends on what kind of game and how good it is. (funny action games like roadrash: hell yeah, boring game : hell no)

it depends on how rich I am and how important that piece of mobile I am using. (always prepare for worst case, if attacked -> buy a new phone, if have money-> play, if not, then no no play)

so I will likely join, but too bad I dont have android hehehe

i see.

i think it will be very challenge

let's say you travel on the same line, and you have 1-2 returning players…

everyone like to win, so you can match. if you loose, … you can't wait for tomorrow to the next match :slight_smile:

Assuming it was a 'trusted' application then yes, I think that would be fun.  It'd probably be even more fun sitting on the subway not knowing who I was playing against, but trying to figure it out based on their facial expressions :slight_smile:

The idea of playing out of boredom definitely isn't something new.  I remember being in high school and playing every silly game under the sun whenever I had five minutes of downtime…

Multiplayer nibbles

Multiplayer gorillas

Nothing else is needed.

For bonus points, have the phone work out the angles to your actual opponent on the train, so you can throw a real banana at them.

Really good idea dude! :))

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not a new idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Nintendo DS had this feature since its inception, called "Download Play".

You can host games and people near you can join the room and play with you. Most games have a feature that you can download the game straight from the host!

There were a couple of times when I saw two complete strangers do this on a train, I think it was pretty cool.

Momoko_Fan said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not a new idea :P
Nintendo DS had this feature since its inception, called "Download Play".
You can host games and people near you can join the room and play with you. Most games have a feature that you can download the game straight from the host!
There were a couple of times when I saw two complete strangers do this on a train, I think it was pretty cool.

Android and jME will do it better since I won't have to buy a DS to get involved :)

Yeah i know it, this isn't a new thing!

Btw my idea is a little different…

What about to develop a "framework", based on Java (Android), to host games, apps?

So this isn't a game, this will be a framework, you can develop apps for this.

And these will be used on this way (bluetooth, wifi, etc) on travel.

But just an idea :slight_smile: