Other physics integrations

Great. Make sure you keep in touch with Falken about it :slight_smile:

Hey tim,

Doesn't sound like a horrible idea.  :)  Drop your code on the forum in a new topic and we'll take a look at it.  PAL would be a good integration to pull off, but I worry about being dependent on another project to keep our physics integrations working.  However . . . for the short term, and as long as they keep it up, it's a great idea.

About the only downside I can see is there doesn't seem to be support for a lot of the advanced features of each engine.  Then again, I haven't really dug into the docs too deeply.  But . . . I'd hate the idea of having to write a binding to a binding of an ever changing library.  :slight_smile:

But . . . that said . . . I'd love to see what you turn out!

I agree to Falken's opinion not being dependent on yet another project.

I think the integration of the native bullet library is the right way, as ODE is a native implemention too.

As far as my understanding of jME Physics goes it is designed not to be dependant on a specific engine.

I think the approach can be seen similar to PAL.

So why have a bridge to a bridge…

KayJee said:

I agree to Falken's opinion not being dependent on yet another project.
I think the integration of the native bullet library is the right way, as ODE is a native implemention too.
As far as my understanding of jME Physics goes it is designed not to be dependant on a specific engine.
I think the approach can be seen similar to PAL.
So why have a bridge to a bridge...

Making a bridge to a bridge instead of making a bridge to a island, makes the bridge to the bridge more easy to develop ;]

BPAL already is more abstrakt and easy to use, so it's quite easy to develop against.

And another aspect is, that you can use several engines by making only one "bridge" (currently I think Newton, Bullet, PhysX  :D, Jiggle, etc...)

AND.. I need something to play with ;]...

Of course it make things a bit slower, but I don't think you will notify this :D