Parts of my imported object are not shown

I have a table with several shelves. I import thru blender. I noticed that the exterior parts of it is shown however the shelves themselves are not shown (transparent in jme)

1- I use a material blue in blender and when I render I see it just fine

2- I have 2 suns directed at it from both sides.

I’m a newbie so sorry if this is an easy one, I tried looking up the forum with no luck. please let me know

thanks

Check the docs at the end of the tutorial:

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:beginner:hello_asset

I already did :frowning:

I am supposed to be importing the model WITH its material, and I AM getting these materials but the shape is missing elements.

Is it multiple ogre xml files maybe?

its a single .obj file

anyone?

what do you see when you turn on wire frames ?

is the shelf and table all one mesh, or separate objects ?

does the shelf geometry go inside the table at any point ? (eg does the corner sit inside the leg of the table)

what if you move the shelf to beside the table in your model, does it show up then ?

• I see the same pod design in wire frame mode :slight_smile: nothing is missing

• The whole thing is just one mesh with many faces

• It’s actually a pod and yes the shelf geom is inside the table - but yes it does

• I can’t anymore as I transformed it all into one single mesh. Can’t edit it easily…

To clarify:

5H06g.png

it must appear like the right (blender) but appears like the left (jme)

only the shelves are missing (all 3 of them)

oh and if I turn TEXTURE (in viewport shading) I can see the left view (above) as solid and the shelves as transparent faces… why? what am I missing in Blender?

meshes are only visible from one side by default, import them without back face culling or make the shelves three-dimensional

meshes are only visible from one side by default, import them without back face culling or make the shelves three-dimensional

Not sure I quite understand - how do I import them without back face culling - I am sorry the Blender forum did not show anything and I am not an expert in Blender.

Now if I import it (or actually export from Blender) w/o normals it works fine but of courrse w/o materials which makes it ugly

weird it worked by click on MESH and then recalculating the normals on the outside. I had to manually do it for every shelve.

I don’t understnad how it worked, even that it did, so if anyone can explain it would be great.

Well all this wisdom is in the wiki, thats why we tell people to read it… Look at the shelf from below, probably you don’t see the separations then. The normals have to point outside.