I’ve finished working on a basic PBRTerrainShader and I’ve open sourced the repository for anyone who would like to use it.
- Basic PBR Terrain shader for 3.2
- Basic PBR Terrain shader for 3.3 (supports light probe blending and AmbienLight)
- Utility to convert a Phong terrain material to PBR (useful for terrains created with external terrain editors)
WIP Features / Coming Soon:
- Advanced PBR Terrain shader (utilizing a texture array)
- Utility for packing Metallic/Roughness/Ao map all in one texture
- Utility for saving and reusing texture arrays
The ‘readme’ file describes how to use the Converter Utility if you need to convert an existing terrain.
And the repository also contains a working test case if you choose to generate your terrain from code (thanks @Ali_RS for making the test case and helping with testing)
Also thanks to @b00n for your original PBR terrain shader that I based this off of
And thanks to @nehon for creating and sharing the original PBR Shader, bringing JME3 into a new era of graphical quality - and especially for how much I have learned about shaders from analyzing and extending your work with the PBR shaders
Please let me know if you have any issues or questions using the shader or converter utility.