Performance problem[Improved]

Since the thread is about terrain model import I have a related quetion:

What's the best aproach if I want to model, lets say, a City to run cars on the streets? With some simple buildings, trees and etc.

1 - Create a terrain page and attach loose buildings and trees to it? In this case, they're going to be culled together with each culled terrain block or they're all going to be tested anyway?

2 - Create them in a nice terrain modeling tool, and import everything as a model (with split meshes making different objects). In this case, what's the best format, since collada seems not to fit?

obj is best for static models in my opinion, I have tried splitting the meshes up like terrain pages but the seems are visible.

I use l3dt design to terrain at 2048 and export to .x at 64px approx. 32000+ polys, 128px about 50k-70k polys, but it retains the "detail structure" alot better than a highmap image on a subdivided quad in blender. import in blender apply texture and export as obj.

I further splitted the model up into 9 parts. like a tic tac toe game.

then i got a 200 fps increase, YAY!!!

now its running on an average of 270 fps

That's very good news… Does anybodt know a good profiler plugin for Eclipse on Mac plataform? I'm using the trial version of yourkit java profiler 7, but I wanted a free one and TPTP doesn't support the mac plataform.

the only free profiler i know is for netbeans